Thread: stuck on updates...

aeongirrl Guest

Default stuck on updates...

my free version was stuck updating for 30 min. and would not close. error message, close all dialogs first.

never had that problem befor.

had to restart my computer and shut off zl

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

findley Guest

Default Re: stuck on updates...

<blockquote><hr>Aeongirrl wrote:
    my free version was stuck updating for 30 min. and would not close. error message, close all dialogs first.never had that problem befor.had to restart my computer and shut off zl

Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name: ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>

Aeongirrl,

What version of ZA free?
    Did it ever update?
    You list OS as XP Pro - is it patched to SP2?
    What browser were you updating from? ie? ff?

Findley

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: stuck on updates...

<blockquote><hr>Aeongirrl wrote:
    my free version was stuck updating for 30 min. and would not close. Error message, close all dialogs first.

never had that problem before.

had to restart my computer and shut off zl

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:

Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>Hi Aeongirrl,
    I agree with with User Findley, We need more details..Please provide the answers to Findley's questions..
    Here is a famous Quote from one of the Forum Guru's:
    &quot;It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,

there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer
    Monitor.&quot;
    -------------------------------------------Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the &quot;About&quot; Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the &quot;Copy to Clipboard&quot; and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the &quot;CTRL-V&quot; key..
    ---------------------------------------------

Thread Information