Thread: Installation Problems

cjohnson Guest

Default Installation Problems

Windows XP SP2ZA 7.0.462.000No other AV software
    Antivirus quit working and it was recommended that I reinstall ZA.
    Did full, prescribed uninstall but install crashes with two error dialogs, first a generic windows error dialog and then the installation progress bar continues to about 65% and then another error dialog appears saying there is an error with a glb file and the installation freezes.
    However, installation
    succeeds if I use the Administrator account in safe mode.
    However, from that point when I boot back to normal windows with my normal user account (all my accounts have full administrator privileges) truevector will not start.
    The service is disabled and it says "Access is Denied" whenever I try to enable it.
    If I restart in Safe Mode and set truevector to "automatic", it ends up being "disabled" once I boot out of safe mode.
    With my normal boot configuration
    I have no startup programs.
    Thank you for your time,Chris Johnson

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

flyyourway Guest

Default Re: Installation Problems

Follow the instruction the guru made for uninstalling in this post
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/...ssage.id=76113

just follow the uninstall method not the reinstall as it isnt a download for your OS.

cjohnson Guest

Default Re: Installation Problems

Thank you for your response, though as I said, I already did the full, prescribed uninstall.
    Multiple times.
    I
    have also
    tried many variations of different guru guidelines throughout this forum.
    None of them worked.
    Reinstalling a
    program cannot be the only means of fixing a problem.
    Can anyone give me more specific details of what technicalities could be causing the problems I am running into with my previous post:

<hr>Antivirus quit working and it was recommended that I reinstall ZA.
    Did full, prescribed uninstall but install crashes with two error dialogs, first a generic windows error dialog and then the installation progress bar continues to about 65% and then another error dialog appears saying there is an error with a glb file and the installation freezes.
    However, installation
    succeeds if I use the Administrator account in safe mode.
    However, from that point when I boot back to normal windows with my normal user account (all my accounts have full administrator privileges) truevector will not start.
    The service is disabled and it says &quot;Access is Denied&quot; whenever I try to enable it.
    If I restart in Safe Mode and set truevector to &quot;automatic&quot;, it ends up being &quot;disabled&quot; once I boot out of safe mode.
    With my normal boot configuration
    I have no startup programs.
    <hr>Chris Johnson

Thread Information