Thread: Did I reinstall the suite correctly?

newsposter Guest

Default Did I reinstall the suite correctly?

My mobo and CPU fried so i had to buy a new setup and start from scratch because of a bad hard drive. I reinstalled ZA and entered my serial number and already have ZA on a 2nd computer but i was wondering, does this reinstall count as my 3rd license? If so, how can I remedy that?

Also i guess now my system has to relearn everything new...would there be any point to trying to find the settings on the old hard drive?

Message Edited by newsposter on 03-14-2008 01:52 PM

Default Re: Did I reinstall the suite correctly?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>newsposter wrote:
    My mobo and CPU fried so i had to buy a new setup and start from scratch because of a bad hard drive. I reinstalled ZA and entered my serial number and already have ZA on a 2nd computer but i was wondering, does this reinstall count as my 3rd license? If so, how can I remedy that?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NO, don't worry... you still have the third install possible (if you have 3 users license)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><HR>newsposter wrote:
    Also i guess now my system has to relearn everything new...would there be any point to trying to find the settings on the old hard drive?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Just let ZASS (do you have ZASS?)do its autolearn in the first 20 days... better like this than restoring the settings in a machine that has suffered a substancial hardware change.Hope this helps
    Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

newsposter Guest

Ok thanks, i have the entire ZASS on the 'bad' hard drive but since that drive didnt boot after the fry, i have no choice to install all my stuff...it really stinks. But i could have accessed any files under program files etc if need be on the bad drive.

Ok will let it learn from scratch, i guess it does need to have the other programs even installed to allow them, duh just thought of that.

and didnt really have much in the vault etc so can recreate if need be.

You're welcome!Have an happy re-building weekend Cheers,Fax

newsposter Guest

at first it said 365 days license..now it reverted to 14 days. Any idea what is going on. I've rebooted at least 30 times today so i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not

HI!check you license with ZA customer support at: www.zonelabs.com/csformAt first it will show 365 but when connecting to ZA registration server will download the correct days related to your license.Note that the 3 user license keys countdown starts when you install the first license and it is the same for all.Cheers,Fax

Thread Information