Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seccurity Suite wont install.

Default Re: Seccurity Suite wont install.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Jhoselton wrote:
    I did all that before, but will try again to make sure I didnt miss anything.. When I searched for the listed files, I found many in the recycler which i could not delete until I went to recycler and deleted the file.. I think there were 14 vsutil files there.Let me spend a couple of hours today doing it again to be sure i didnt miss anything... then I will set a check point so I wont have to delete it all again.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    One added tip..you might want to use someting like the Free System Cleaner like ccleaner before re-installing ZA..<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Just to let you know the Free version CCleaner v2.06 has been released and is available for download at:<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">and many times Installing the New ZA in Safe mode works, when a Normal install does not work..<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Please post back with your progress report..<P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoPlainText style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:947736406
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3585
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jhoselton Guest

Good Morning Guru,
    Same stuff, Different day..
    I went to safe mode, removed all the things I could.
    There were a couple that I couldnt remove.. HIKEY\Local Machine|Software\ZoneLabs.. would not open or remove.. due to error.. but I couldnt find what error..
    I was unable to connect with the internet in safe mode without networking, so i tried to install my original cd.. that didnt read or install..
    Reboot and found I could connect to internet but IE was not my browser,
    have no idea what had taken over..
    I liked your cleaner.
    had to download it to disk and transer it to the other puter due to no connections.
    I cant set a check point now becuse it says it cant find the helpctr.exe file.
    Also cant
    rune APDproxy.exe because it cant find the ConnAPI.dll and suggests reinstalling the program.. what program??
    So anyway I am now doing trendmicro housecall to see if i can find any virus or spyware since I have been without for so long..
    Am I ready to reinstall XP and start over yet??

Hi!not been able to remove files/registry in SAFE MODE is not a good sign.Something really wrong is going on on your system.Better you think on a fresh install of the system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

jhoselton Guest

Just found &quot;Blackice&quot; on puter... will elimiate that and try it all again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information