Thread: Silent-/Unattended-installation of ZoneAlarm?

manwald Guest

Default Silent-/Unattended-installation of ZoneAlarm?

Hello!

I'm trying to build an Unattended Windows XP installation-DVD including ZoneAlarm Free and now I'm having a question:

As I already figured out a silent-install should be possible with the parameters "/s /noreboot /i" (BTW, I don't know what the "/i" stands for?). Installing ZA this way it completes the installation-procedure after the next reboot, where I will have to make my last choices how to use ZA.

Is it possible to tell ZA while the installation-procedure which parameters it should use when it starts for the first time - without using AutoIt?

And there is another thing that I find really annoying: when using ZA the first times, a windows pops up reiteratively asking me if I want to upgrade to the Pro-version :-(
    Is there an older version of ZA (which should do its job nearly that good as the latest version) that doesn't have this behaviour?

I would really appreciate your help!

Best regards

Mischa

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

Message Edited by manwald on 03-31-2008 03:54 PM

buhric Guest

Default Re: Silent-/Unattended-installation of ZoneAlarm?

Hi,Was it the english version of ZA free that you installed silently?If so, how did you do it?
    I've been trying to do a silent install of of ZA free since v 7.0.462 but it always fails at 15% or so....The installer starts, I see the icon in the system tray... but when
    it reaches about 15% it disapers...
    And If I look at the error logs, it says that its "Running Cancel Script"
    I'm using the /s /i /noreboot params.

If I do the same thing with the French version of ZA. it works fine

Thread Information