Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True Vector Security is Shut Down

jammerdjc Guest

Default Re: True Vector Security is Shut Down

Thanks Phylis. I only saw the fee based systems for them and the referal to this forum. I'll have to track down that info.

jammerdjc Guest

I'm currently running just ZoneAlarm. I eradicated Norton as it just **bleep**s the life out of my system. Spybot does run passively, but I don't run it very often (only if cause arises or I need to check out startup processes).

The system information is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name COLEMAN-MEDIA
    System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
    System Model EL409AA-ABA M7360N
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~2800 Mhz
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~2800 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.15, 6/23/2006
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name COLEMAN-MEDIA\djc
    Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory 2,048.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 1.22 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 3.85 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

The Zone alarm info is:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite version 7.0.470.000
    TrueVector security engine version 7.0.470.000
    Driver version 7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version 3 DAT file version 948506642
    Anti-spyware engine version 5.0.189.0, Dat file version 01200804.3655
    AntiSpam version 5.0.6.8903

jammerdjc Guest

That was challenging. TrueVector goes off line about 30 seconds after turning on ZASS and I'm forced to reboot to get internet access again. Hence, it is really tough to get information about ZASS or to get other diagnostic log information (unless someone can give me ways without starting ZASS). Part of my reason for being brief in my information earlier is due to the catastrophic effects it has on connectivity (which I depend on). Do we have any assurances that a complete removal and re-install will solve the problem?? I just have little confidence without someone saying that there was a fix provided for an issue that could cause this.

Hi!I am not aware of an issue with ZA that caused ZA Truevector to shutdown.Truevector shutdown for the following reasons:- Your ZA settings are corrupted- You had crash/hangs of your system- You had cold shutdown (improper shutdown)- You are infected with malware- There is an application that conflicts with ZAI am afraid no one here can give the garantee that vsmon will not shutdown on your system.For the last you should try to update and run ZA while not running anything else on the machine than standard MS services/programsThis way:1.) Click Start -> Run
    2.) Type MSConfig in the run box and click OK
    3.) Once in MSConfig, click the Startup Tab
    4.) Remove the checks from everything except ZLClient
    5.) Click the Services Tab
    6.) Place a check in "Hide All Microsoft Services"
    7.) Now remove checks from everything other than TrueVector Internet
    Monitor, and click OK.
    8.) Restart your computerNOTE: You can place your computer back into a normal startup process by
    going back into msconfig and choosing the Normal Startup option on the
    General tab.
    Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax------These are the fixes in the latest version:<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.470.000 target=_blank name=7.0.470.000></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.470.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<UL class=body><LI>Usability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear <LI>Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users <LI>Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active <LI>Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier <LI>Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV </LI>[/list]<LI>Various other stability and performance improvements </LI>[/list]

---------

Message Edited by fax on 04-10-2008 07:20 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jammerdjc wrote:
    Thanks Phylis. I only saw the fee based systems for them and the referal to this forum. I'll have to track down that info.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If your using a Paid version of ZoneAlarm with a valid License Key you can Contact Tech Support for Free at: www.zonealarm.com/tsformPreferably with MS IE6 or IE7 and when you Click Submit, you will receive an Auto-generated Confirmation Email with your Case number withing an hour or so,If you get no confirmation Email, it may bwe due to several causes, Not using IE, the message got tossed into your Junkmail/Spam folder, or a Typo on your return Email address..Good Luck..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948534132
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3665
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

jammerdjc Guest

Thanks fax. I haven't loaded new applications recently, but there were some microsoft updates that I don't know the timing of (I wonder if one of the system updates did something). So my suspicion is that something caused my configuration to become corrupted. Any idea of how I might restore the settings without having to go through the clean reinstall process? [Yea, trying to save myself some downtime and work for now. Maybe help others for the future.

Hi!I guess if it was a general MS update issue with ZA this board would be flooded by messages. As far as I know, there have been no patches that created problems to ZA apart from VISTA SP1 that needs the latest version of ZA.For the future it is useful to backup, from time to time, the ZA settings (ZA overview ---&gt; preferences tab).When a new update is available you can follow these 4 simple steps:1. Download the update;2. On your current ZASS UNcheck "Load ZA at startup" (overview --&gt; preferences tab)3. Reboot your PC4. Install the update and choose the 'upgrade' option.If something goes wrong, remove ZA, install back and load the ZA backup settings (you have previously saved).Cheers,Fax

jammerdjc Guest

Yep, I agree that a MS issue would be huge, hence I suspect something got corrupted. I am hoping the support group will be interested in getting at the root of things, but so far I'm just at the initial level of support and they sent me the instructions you posted earlier.

I'll keep hoping they want to get to the root of the issue.

Thanks for your help.

David

You're welcome!Cheers,Fax

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jammerdjc wrote:
    Yep, I agree that a MS issue would be huge, hence I suspect something got corrupted. I am hoping the support group will be interested in getting at the root of things, but so far I'm just at the initial level of support and they sent me the instructions you posted earlier.

I'll keep hoping they want to get to the root of the issue.

Thanks for your help.

David
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..If what Tech Support Sent you did not Fix your problem,Please Continue to send Tech support The Results of your Continued problem,They will not Know it did not work for you unless you Followup with aditional Reports to Tech support..Thank your Feedback here in the Forum and to Tech Support..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information