Thread: Need Download Link for Previous Version of ZA Suite - New Upgrade Not Wokring

burley Guest

Default Need Download Link for Previous Version of ZA Suite - New Upgrade Not Wokring

This morning I rebooted my computer and was prompted to update to new version of ZA Suite (.047)...

After updating ZA Suite and rebooting I received two error messages:
    > Unable to Load My Vault
    > Unable to Load Trusted Sites

After clicking on OK the software came up and displayed an errror message:
    > System Error - Please Reboot

This error after some time disappears and then re-appears.

I need to install the previous working version so I can get back to work..

Can someone give a direct link to the download file? (not a link to the install exe, since my internet connection appears to be blocked by the non-working ZA Suite .047)

Thanks...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Need Download Link for Previous Version of ZA Suite - New Upgrade Not Wokring

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>burley wrote:
    This morning I rebooted my computer and was prompted to update to new version of ZA Suite (.047)...

After updating ZA Suite and rebooting I received two error messages:
    &gt; Unable to Load My Vault
    &gt; Unable to Load Trusted Sites

After clicking on OK the software came up and displayed an errror message:
    &gt; System Error - Please Reboot

This error after some time disappears and then re-appears.

I need to install the previous working version so I can get back to work..

Can someone give a direct link to the download file? (not a link to the install exe, since my internet connection appears to be blocked by the non-working ZA Suite .047)

Thanks...

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P class=headredbig>ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite Release History for WindowsXP/2000

The latest ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite release is 7.0.470.000. For release histories that apply specifically to products used on the Windows Vista platform, go here.<P class=headblack2>Release History:<UL><LI><B class=headblack2>7.0 Branch[/B]

7.0.470.000 was released to the public on March 20, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

7.0.462.000 was released to the public on November 20, 2007. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

7.0.408.000 was released to the public on September 12, 2007. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

7.0.362.000 was released to the public on July 3, 2007. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

7.0.337.000 was released to the public on March 15, 2007. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

7.0.302.000 was released to the public on January 15, 2007. For changes in this version, click here.

<LI><B class=headblack2>6.5 Branch[/B]

6.5.737.000 was released to the public on August 31, 2006. To download this version, click here.

6.5.714.000 was released to the public on June 15, 2006. For changes in this version, click here.

6.5.700.000 was released to the public on June 5, 2006. For changes in this version, click here.

<LI><B class=headblack2>6.1 Branch[/B]

6.1.744.001 was released to the public on March 27, 2006. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.

--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948008773
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3595
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903</LI>[/list]
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

burley Guest

Default Re: Need Download Link for Previous Version of ZA Suite - New Upgrade Not Wokring

Thanks for the Link...

I just started to install...
    The message I received is that I MUST uninstall .470 to back to .462 and this will cause all my settings to be lost... I guess I have no choice but to start over from scratch...

It would be nice if ZA had a directory with settings that could be saved from version to version so one would not have to start from ground zero...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>burley wrote:
    Thanks for the Link...

I just started to install...
    The message I received is that I MUST uninstall .470 to back to .462 and this will cause all my settings to be lost... I guess I have no choice but to start over from scratch...

It would be nice if ZA had a directory with settings that could be saved from version to version so one would not have to start from ground zero...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That feature is in All versions Of ZoneAlarm (Except) the Free Version..Click on the ZA Tray Icon to bring up the Main Menu, Click OverView, Click Preferences, Click the Backup Button..This will save all of your Configuration Settings, and in most cases when you do and Upgrade Install, your previous Setting will be retained in the New Install, Unless 1.) you have a Corrupted Database, 2.) in Rare Cases the Install Fails and Corrupts your configuration.. or 3.) you change ZA Flavors, like from ZAPro to ZA Security Suite..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948008773
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3595
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

blue_hand Guest

Experienced the same error messages tonight after upgrading to the wonderful version 7.0.470.000; this is the second straight 'major' upgrade of ZASS that has caused
    serious problems.
    Used Windows Restore to rollback to yesterday's settings but that didn't help with ZASS. The Control Center would not load, virus monitor started, stopped, started, stopped, over and over.
    Uninstalled ZASS, rebooted, and then did a clean install of an earlier version (7.0.462.0), updated anti-virus and anti-spyware definitions
    and so far everything appears to be good.
    I got the pop-up again that there is a new update available (7.0.470.000), but set it to snooze for 30 days.
    Best of luck getting your system back on track.

burley Guest

This is good to know that this feature is present and it seems to remembered most of my settings...

I was able to uninstall and then re-install the previous version... I have only one problem left..

One program I have run for years will no longer run... When I observe the list programs in Zone Alarm under Program Controls &gt; Programs - I see the program is starts when I see an ACTIVE Circle Dot appear to the left of the program name momentarily then disappear... the program starts and then is shutdown for some reason... maybe by Zone Alarm... (NOTE: No message popup window appears when I attempt to run this program)

QUESTION:
    Does Zone Alarm kept a list of programs it disables to prevent them from running?????

For those who might be interested the following is from Zone Alarm Support on HOW to fix the upgrade issue to .470............
    -----------vvv------------vvvv--------
    To repair this problem, please follow these steps.

1. Reboot your system into Safe Mode. The method is determined by your OS but normally either pressing F8 at the beep, or holding the control key during boot up works. For more information on rebooting in Safe Mode, click Start, then Help. Click the Search tab, and type in SAFE MODE 2. Open the Internet Logs directory be c:\windows\internet logs Press CTRL on your keyboard and hit F.
    We will do 3 searches,

Search *.LDB and erase all that it finds.
    Search *.RDB and erase all that it finds.
    Search *.TMP and erase all that it finds.

3. Empty your Recycle Bin.
    4. Reboot your system.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information