Thread: Use only Internet Explorer to download!

solarsurfer Guest

Default Use only Internet Explorer to download!

Perhaps there should be a sticky with this title so numbskulls such as myself won't waste so much time trying to use other browsers/download managers. Who woulda thunk they could corrupt the software? To be fair to myself, I actually had looked around the board a little and had also checked out the beginning of Oldsod's excellent installation guide. Unfortunately though, I failed to notice the IE stipulation as it is in the fifth paragraph and since my problem was that I couldn't even get the setup package to open (not to mention being a little impatient), I never got that far in my reading.

Otherwise, other than these recent glitches, I have been problem-free with ZAISS for the last year and, thanks to Findley's advice in a previous thread, hopefully will continue to enjoy smooth, reliable performance with this software.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to keeping this board going

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Use only Internet Explorer to download!

actually in my opinion I am beginning to believe it is a combination of browsers and ISP's. My reason? I have used IE, Maxthon, Netscape, HotJava, Opera, and now Safari to download and install ZA. I also use Download Accelerator Plus (the paid for version) to download installation files, and using any combination of browser and downloader (either DAP or the native downloader) since my wireless connection was installed, I have had no problems. Same for when I was on Starband, but when I was on dialup, depending on which company I was with at the time, it was hit and miss.
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

Thread Information