Thread: Vista Ultimate 32 Bit slows to a crawl with Zone Alarm Security Suite

sharkysharky Guest

Default Vista Ultimate 32 Bit slows to a crawl with Zone Alarm Security Suite

I just installed a clean copy of Vista Ultimate 32 Bit. I updated Vista through Windows Update (many times). Installed SP1 through Windows Update. When I install ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (latest one for Vista) the computer slows to a crawl. If I boot into safe mode and remove ZoneAlarm and reboot everything is back to normal. The only thing I have installed on the system is the updated Nvidia drivers. Computer Specs listed below. What can I do to fix this? I have spent two days on this and I am about to cancel (for refund my new 5 user license) and go with a different product. I have tried installing as administrator (right click - run as administrator) as well, with no improvement.

Abit AV8 Motherboard
    AMD 64 3000+ Processor
    2GB RAM
    300 GB IDE (PATA) Hard Drive.
    ASUS (Nvidia) 6600 GT Video Card.

I tried some stress testing (without Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Installed). I ran a program that maxes out the CPU and another program that tests the RAM. At the same time I copied 4 Gigabytes of files from one folder to another and my mouse did not miss a beat in movement across the screen.

I am 100% convinced that this problem is being caused by ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. I have read on this fourum that others are not having the same problem with Vista SP1. So what gives?

I cannot post the version number as it slows down to a crawl, so I cannot check it. But I even re-downloaded it today, but no joy.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Vista Ultimate 32 Bit slows to a crawl with Zone Alarm Security Suite

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>SharkySharky wrote:
    I just installed a clean copy of Vista Ultimate 32 Bit. I updated Vista through Windows Update (many times). Installed SP1 through Windows Update. When I install ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (latest one for Vista) the computer slows to a crawl. If I boot into safe mode and remove ZoneAlarm and reboot everything is back to normal. The only thing I have installed on the system is the updated Nvidia drivers. Computer Specs listed below. What can I do to fix this? I have spent two days on this and I am about to cancel (for refund my new 5 user license) and go with a different product. I have tried installing as administrator (right click - run as administrator) as well, with no improvement.

Abit AV8 Motherboard
    AMD 64 3000+ Processor
    2GB RAM
    300 GB IDE (PATA) Hard Drive.
    ASUS (Nvidia) 6600 GT Video Card.

I tried some stress testing (without Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Installed). I ran a program that maxes out the CPU and another program that tests the RAM. At the same time I copied 4 Gigabytes of files from one folder to another and my mouse did not miss a beat in movement across the screen.

I am 100% convinced that this problem is being caused by ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. I have read on this fourum that others are not having the same problem with Vista SP1. So what gives?

I cannot post the version number as it slows down to a crawl, so I cannot check it. But I even re-downloaded it today, but no joy.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/th_1what.gifHmmm.. I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed with Vista Ultimate 32-Bit SP1 and everything is running smoothly.. with 96 Processes runing Task Manager shows 4 to 9% usage..

Here is a Forum link that may help.. http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162

Here is the Free ZA Tech Support Link www.zonealarm.com/tsform(Access with EI7) you will receive an Auto-generated Confirmation Email with your Case Number.

ZA Customer Service Link www.zonealarm.com/csform

Please post back with your Progress report..

---------------------------------------
    My Vista SP1 Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948092496
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3595
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000

TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200803.3595
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

sharkysharky Guest

Default Re: Vista Ultimate 32 Bit slows to a crawl with Zone Alarm Security Suite

OK, I looked at the thread and filed a ticket with tech support. They responded following a script and did not bother to read that this is a clean installation of Vista. So I did what they said, it did not work and I am waiting for them to look up the next item on their script to tell me what to do. I figure in a couple weeks I might actually get beyond tier one support and get the problem resolved.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>SharkySharky wrote:
    OK, I looked at the thread and filed a ticket with tech support. They responded following a script and did not bother to read that this is a clean installation of Vista. So I did what they said, it did not work and I am waiting for them to look up the next item on their script to tell me what to do. I figure in a couple weeks I might actually get beyond tier one support and get the problem resolved.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback to this User forum..
    Ifthe Tech supportanswer did not resolve your issue, or you would like further assistance on this issue, please reply to the Tech Support email. By replying, and leaving the subject line intact, your response will come directly to Tech Support. If you have a separate issue you would like assistance with, please submit a new request using the website at http://www.zonealarm.com/tsform.
    I suggest Keep Emailing Tech Support until your Problem is Resolved, then Post your Progress reort back here..Thank you..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948136649
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3615
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-03-2008 02:18 PM
    GeorgeV