Thread: Not able to Silent / Unattended Install of English version of ZA free 7.0.462 or recent

buhric Guest

Default Not able to Silent / Unattended Install of English version of ZA free 7.0.462 or recent

Hi,

I'm not able to Silent / Unattended Install of English version of ZA free 7.0.462 or more recent

I try using the "/s /i /noreboot" switches, but at 15% or so, the installer just quits...

If I use the same switches on the French version of the installer it works fine

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Not able to Silent / Unattended Install of English version of ZA free 7.0.462 or recent

Installation Command Line Switches
    /s
    Add the "silent install" switch (/s), to perform a silent install or uninstall. Once the install/uninstall is
    complete, a reboot dialog will only be displayed if a reboot is necessary.
    Example:
    zapro26.exe /s c:\full\path\to\the\zapro.ini
    A silent install means that no interrupting messages will be displayed during the installation. Additionally,
    a silent install suppresses the tutorial that is automatically displayed following regular
    ZoneAlarm Pro installation.
    Note: a silent install cannot be performed during an upgrade to ZoneAlarm Pro and cannot
    be used if an install password is not assigned.
    /lickey
    Licensing ZoneAlarm Pro is necessary before performing a silent install. A license key will be provided
    with your initial copy of ZoneAlarm Pro. If a license key is not provided during installation you
    will see the 'Try Me Now' dialog box, and ZoneAlarm Pro will have a trial license of 30 days.
    The license key only has to be set during the initial installation of ZoneAlarm Pro.
    To input your license key, the following command line may be used during installation.
    Switch Explanation
    /s enables silent installs/uninstalls
    /lickey enables the licensing of ZoneAlarm Pro during
    installation
    /pwinstset <password> set installation password for administrators
    /pwinst <password> used with existing admin password during
    upgrades or reconfiguration
    /passwset <password> set ZAP User password
    /password <password> provide existing User password during
    upgrade
    /noreboot do not prompt for reboot after install/uninstall
    /reset reset all ZoneAlarm Pro settings to default values
    during the installation process
    /installdir <path> Specify the directory and path the ZoneAlarm

quoted from the zap_admin_guide.pdf found at:

http://www.zonealarm.com/store/media...dmin_guide.pdf

Sorry for not being much help.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

buhric Guest

Default Re: Not able to Silent / Unattended Install of English version of ZA free 7.0.462 or recent

Thanks anyway....
    I know the install swithces.... but for some reason they don't work on the English verion of Zone Alarm Free v7.0.462 or 7.0.470

I guess it likes the French better and not the English? LOL.
    Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

fidebie Guest

Hi Buhric,
    I need to agree with you, till zaSuiteSetup_70_462_000_en.exe(i'm already using zonealarm since many versions passed by), the options /s /i /noreboot /lickey worked without any problems.
    Since zaSuiteSetup_70_470_000_en.exe, the installation starts, some files are put in the install dir and then it terminates and that's it.
    I've tried several times, all without success...
    Anybody aware of a change?

Thread Information