I just installed a clean copy of Vista Ultimate 32 Bit. I updated Vista through Windows Update (many times). Installed SP1 through Windows Update. When I install ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (latest one for Vista) the computer slows to a crawl. If I boot into safe mode and remove ZoneAlarm and reboot everything is back to normal. The only thing I have installed on the system is the updated Nvidia drivers. Computer Specs listed below. What can I do to fix this? I have spent two days on this and I am about to cancel (for refund my new 5 user license) and go with a different product. I have tried installing as administrator (right click - run as administrator) as well, with no improvement.

Abit AV8 Motherboard
AMD 64 3000+ Processor
2GB RAM
300 GB IDE (PATA) Hard Drive.
ASUS (Nvidia) 6600 GT Video Card.

I tried some stress testing (without Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite Installed). I ran a program that maxes out the CPU and another program that tests the RAM. At the same time I copied 4 Gigabytes of files from one folder to another and my mouse did not miss a beat in movement across the screen.

I am 100% convinced that this problem is being caused by ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. I have read on this fourum that others are not having the same problem with Vista SP1. So what gives?

I cannot post the version number as it slows down to a crawl, so I cannot check it. But I even re-downloaded it today, but no joy.

Operating System:Windows Vista Ultimate
Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite