Thread: ZA Update 70.470 - Win XP now says ZA firewall not active but it is

saila Guest

Default ZA Update 70.470 - Win XP now says ZA firewall not active but it is

I have Win XP and just upgraded to ZA 70.470.00.
    Aside from problems downloading the update, the install itself went fine.
    I've rebooted several times since then.
    However, Windows continues to put out a Windows Security Alert saying that ZA reports that it's firewall is turned off.
    But ZA is clearly active and giving alerts.
    Why does Windows think it isn't?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZA Update 70.470 - Win XP now says ZA firewall not active but it is

Hi!Unless its an heavy corruption of the MS WSC, you could simply shutdown ZA (right click ZA icon in system tray), wait 2-3 minutes, Start ZA (programs --> ZA --> etc..).Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

spetnatz Guest

Hi, i saw on the forum you helped so many people.... I have the same problem...the true vector system keeps shuting down every time i connect to the internet. it's usels to restart ZA, true vector keeps shuting down. Probaly is not a virus: I probalby mistakenly blocked a registry with Ad Watch for Ad Aware. My problem is: system restore is unoperational so... I can't get back. I didn't backed up registries either. I deleted the update kit for ZA suite 70.470. Please tell me which is the solution for me, in this case ? Thank you.

Hi!
    please post a new message in your own thread to get answered.

Thank you.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

spetnatz Guest

GOOOOODDDD my pc is crushing and you are asking me formalities !!! unbeliveble. Tks for nothing.It's been 2 days that i'm trying to solve this.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>spetnatz wrote:
    GOOOOODDDD my pc is crushing and you are asking me formalities !!! unbeliveble. Tks for nothing.It's been 2 days that i'm trying to solve this.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. If you have a question or a problem Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> as a matter of Curtisy and to provide the Best solution to each Users problem, the Guideline Rules, require each User to Please starttheir own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> This insures that each User receives a solution Spicific to their on Problem,When other user like yourself interject your own problem into the discussion of somebody elses problem, any advice or solution to you problem would confuse and may conflict with the solution to the Originating Users problem..That is why you were asked Not to Hi-Jack somebody elses Request for Help, and to Please start your own thread. And start only 1 thread for each problem.</COLOR> Thank you in advance for you Cooperation in this matter..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:950443830
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3815
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security