Thread: Components Tab Empty

protectinmyself Guest

Default Components Tab Empty

I just upgraded ZAISS 2008 with 7.0.470.000 twice, once as a
    clean install and once as an upgrade and both times the items listed in my components tab are missing.
    While not heavily used, I do use a little.
    My current configuration is:
    XP Pro - fully patchedZAISS 2008, True Vector, Driver Version
    -7.0.740.000AV Eng Ver 3, DAT File Ver 948289132AS Eng Ver 5.0.189.0, DAT
    file version 01.200804.3635AntiSpam Version 5.0.6.8903
    Also installed, AVG Anti-Spyware - Fully Patched, Spybot S&D - Fully Patched, Spyware Blaster - Fully Patched.
    I would like to add that I have not had a problem with the components tab until this update.
    I have also tried a complete uninstall/reinstall/update and still got the same result.
    After the uninstall/reinstall the components tab was fully populated, but as soon as I applied 7.0.740.000 it was empty.
    Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Components Tab Empty

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>protectinmyself wrote:
    After the uninstall/reinstall the components tab was fully populated, but as soon as I applied 7.0.740.000 it was empty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hi!which version were you upgrading from? Component tab is empty by design, you need to activate it in the ZA program control tab (custom button).In earlier version of ZA components were showing in the component tab but it was an not a fully consistent implementation of the feature (i.e. showing components even if component control was OFF).Hope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-06-2008 09:39 AM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

<blockquote>
    Hi!
    which version were you upgrading from?
    Component tab is empty by design, you need to activate it in the ZA program control tab (custom button).

In earlier version of ZA components were showing in the component tab but it was a bug...

Cheers,
    Fax
    P.S. By the way, your system is over populated
    by spyware products... 5 AS engines overall.
    Do you need all of that?

Message Edited by fax on 04-06-2008 08:45 AM
    <hr></blockquote>

If the component control is enabled and the component listing is still missing after a bootup, then reset the ZA database and see if it gets fixed. Do the reset this way:
    [*]Boot your computer into the Safe Mode[*]Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder[*]Delete the backup.rdb, iamdb.rdb, *.ldb and the tvDebug files in the folder[*]Clean the Recycle Bin[*]Reboot into the normal mode[*]ZA will be just like new with no previous settings or data

Cheers.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

protectinmyself Guest

Thank you both for your timely and helpful responses.

I apologize for my untimeliness in getting back to this post.

This time I was upgrading from 7.0.462.0. I am not sure what the original version was when I installed approx. 4-6 months ago, but I do know that the components tab had been populated since the initial install and thanks to both of you it is now populated again.

Regarding the number of AS engines I am running...As I am sure we all know different programs scan/search for different types of &quot;malware&quot;. I do realize that there is some overlapping, but since I only have one running proactively and the others run on demand there have not been any conflicts and I run it this way on 5 separate systems.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hi!

Good. Everything works properly.

Running only one resident spyware scanner and the others just as on-demand scanners should not be a problem.
    But often the kernel hooks and what not can still cause conflicts (even if the scanner is dormant and just on-demand). It can happen but not neccessarily.
    This conflict can extend into the ZA and cause issues with the ZA.
    Especially scanners that provide some network filtering such as site blocking, cookie blocking, email protection, and such. Even if the scanner is just on demand and not used full time.

Best regards.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information