Thread: Upgrade questions

budescho Guest

Default Upgrade questions

Currently using ZA I experience - when clicking any application it takes forever for it to load. Outlook express messes up regularly, which you have to restart the computer to fix. When on a web site sometimes it will kick you off and take away your shortcut under favorites but when you go to save it again under favorites it says it's there although you can't find it.
    I gather from reading maybe this is what the upgrade is about but what concerns me is how do I save the info that I have in the ZA vault under private info so I don't have to re-do it and during and uninstall and reinstall am I safe???? I have c/c and ss #'s in the privacy vault so could you please tell me the safest and best way to fix this. Does the new version still haunt the system with the above mentioned problems?Thank YouB

Message Edited by budescho on 04-08-2008 07:56 AM

bigdawg_daddy Guest

Default Re: Upgrade questions

<blockquote><hr>budescho wrote:
    Currently using ZA I experience - when clicking any application it takes forever for it to load. Outlook express messes up regularly, which you have to restart the computer to fix. When on a web site sometimes it will kick you off and take away your shortcut under favorites but when you go to save it again under favorites it says it's there although you can't find it.
    I gather from reading maybe this is what the upgrade is about but what concerns me is how do I save the info that I have in the ZA vault under private info so I don't have to re-do it and during and uninstall and reinstall am I safe???? I have c/c and ss #'s in the privacy vault so could you please tell me the safest and best way to fix this. Does the new version still haunt the system with the above mentioned problems?Thank YouB

Message Edited by budescho on 04-08-2008 07:56 AM
    <hr></blockquote>Hi;We need more information?
    1.) We don't know anything about your Computer, is it XP, has it been Fully Upgraded with SP2 and latest Patches?2.) If it is
    Vista what Version? has it been up upgraded to SP1?3.) ehat Version and Flavor of ZA?4.) what other Security Software installed?

It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,
    without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,

there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..
    Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your Computer
    Monitor.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948336064
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3635
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

budescho Guest

I have Windows XP and the ZA is 7.0.470.000. I have no other security software on the computer.
    Thanks

budescho Guest

Yes I do have the latest patches/upgrades on XP.
    Thanks

bigdawg_daddy Guest

<blockquote><hr>budescho wrote:
    I have Windows XP and the ZA is 7.0.470.000. I have no other security software on the computer.
    Thanks

<hr></blockquote>Thank you for the Feedback..
    However there are Four (4) Flavors of ZoneAlarm 7.0.470.000.. Which Flavor are you using? ZAFree, ZA Anti-Spyware, ZA Anti-Virus, ZA Security Suite?
    Here are a couple of things that work for me..
    1.) go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-check &quot;Load ZoneAlarm on Startup&quot;, Reboot the computer to Make Sure ZA is Shut down and No Drivers running in Memory..
    Now start your problem Applications.. if they Start faster,
    2.) then there may be a Conflict with ZA,3.) You may need to re-Configure those Applications in the ZA Program Control/Program Tab..
    Here are a few other Forum Links that may help..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=43902
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...essage.id=9772
    Please post back with your Progress report..
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948336064
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3635
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Thread Information