I just updated ZoneAlarm to:
ZoneAlarm version:7.0.470.000
TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
Driver version:7.0.470.000
I'm also running **bleep** anti-virus 4.8 home.
Before the ZA update everything was running fine, and has been for many months. During the install ZA complained that it couldn't access a temp file, then finished, and told me to restart. Upon restarting WIndows gave me a security alert that ZoneAlarm was not on duty. That makes sense--the previous update/install failed, I'm guessing.
So I re-did the install, and this time the install seemed to go fine. Except...it almost looks like it did a 'new' or 'clean' install. ZA now prompts me for my usual programs that are trying to access the Internet, as opposed to picking up the list of valid programs from before the upgrade/install. Now I'm guessing that the second install was treated as a fresh install.
Windows still tells me that ZA isn't on duty, even though I get the ZA icon (and activity bar chart) in the system tray.
1. Is this benign?
2. How can I get Windows and ZA to play nice so that Windows realizes that ZA is on duty? I've read some of the techniques, but I thought I'd ask before trying, as the failed install followed by an *apparent* good re-install may affect it.
Thanks.
MJF

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)