Thread: 7.0.740 installation problem

vonalter Guest

Default 7.0.740 installation problem

Have downloaded this update several times.
    Each time I try to install the program dissappears!
    I have the previous version installed and working.
    Have XP Home SP2.
    Am ready to throw in the towell with this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: 7.0.740 installation problem

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>vonalter wrote:
    Have downloaded this update several times. Each time I try to install the program dissappears! I have the previous version installed and working. Have XP Home SP2. Am ready to throw in the towell with this.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..1.) there may be several reason's for your Problem..2.) ZA may disapear and fail to install due to: a.) Conflict with other Security programs Installed.. (ZAFree 7.0.xxx) now includes all of the Install Modules for the Full Security Suite, in an attempt to incorage Users to try the Free 15 Day Trial of the Full Security Suite, and even if you decline the Free Trial, Those security Suite Modules are Still Installed, But greyed out or Not Activated, and that may cause a Conflict with Install if you have any other Anti-Virus, Firewall other than Windows Firewall or Anti-Spyware that includes Registry Guard or other Firefall type Blocking function.. b.) You may have an Incomplete or Corrupted Install Module..Try downloading a Fresh Copy of ZAFree for XP SP2 from this Address Link.. (Preferably with MS IE6 or IE7) and no Download Manager or Accelerator like Get-Right) and while Downloading ZAFree, Don't Surf the Net or read email or Play Games or Music, as this may Corrupt the download..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlAnd to avoid any problem just do the following:- Download the installer- On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under ZA Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)- Reboot your PC- Install the new update (upgrade or clean install) and Accept the default Settings But Not the Free 15 day trial, Also Choose Auti-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not the Internet Zone..Good Luck..

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-09-2008 05:23 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

lindab Guest

I ran across a similar problem today with an added element: A pop up window with and error message from zlclient.exe saying&quot; VSUTIL.dll file cannnot be found&quot;.
    First some information: OP Wins Vista Ultimate, **bleep**!4 Home, ZA Free, Firefox 2.0.0.13

ZA Free informed me of an update. I clicked for the download/install. Started download. It did seem to take a bit of time, but I had just performed this update on my home computer, running Wins XP Home, **bleep**! 4 Home, Firefox 2.0.0.13 and it was a bit lengthy but had no problems whatsoever.

Finally the install reached 100%. The prompt window for addressing your computer skill level, how concerned you are of virus/threats, how many problems have you had, etc, did pop up. Then I was prompted for the computer scan. I clicked yes. Instantly, ZA replied with the window that the scan was complete. HMMMM. That was quick! I click &quot;Finish&quot; to exit this wizard and nothing. So I try &quot;Finish&quot; again and nothing. So I X out and am hit with the prompt &quot;Are you sure you want to exit?&quot; Yes. I am then prompted to restart the computer. I do. When Vista finally rears it's sluggish head there is a window with &quot;zlclient.exe says error VSUTIL.dll file cannot be found&quot;

I have no ZA at the moment. Would it be best to try as you mentioned, uninstall ZA and do a clean install? Will uninstalling ZA in the Control Panel of Vista (remove/install programs) do the trick? or is there more to it? I will follow your instructions as given on 06-18-2006 and updated on 04-09-2008.

I appreciate your time. Hope that I have given you enough info - been a looooooong day here.

lindab Guest

Just wanted to inform that when the computer running Vista was turned on this morning, ZA Free was running with the updated install !!! Can't figure this one out 'cause when I turned off the computer last night there was no ZA . In fact, Windows was saying that my firewall was not in operation.

So, I have no answers to offer anyone for this complete recovery! If I do figure this one out I will be sure to post it in the forum.

Now I have another unrelated problem, with NVIDA display driver, but wont get into it on this forum.

Linda

Have a great week end.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>LindaB wrote:
    Just wanted to inform that when the computer running Vista was turned on this morning, ZA Free was running with the updated install !!! Can't figure this one out 'cause when I turned off the computer last night there was no ZA . In fact, Windows was saying that my firewall was not in operation.

So, I have no answers to offer anyone for this complete recovery! If I do figure this one out I will be sure to post it in the forum.

Now I have another unrelated problem, with NVIDA display driver, but wont get into it on this forum.

Linda

Have a great week end.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank You for your Feedback..Here is a List of Improvements and what was Fixed in this Current Version of ZoneAlarm for Vista..<P class=headblack2><A id=7.1.248.000 name=7.1.248.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm version 7.1.248.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<UL class=body><LI><LI>Compatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) <LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Included a new anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines. </LI>[/list]<LI>Stability improvements in anti-virus: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during scan <LI>Fixed occasional hangs after repair of archive (or similar) on CD. </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software <LI>Fixed compatibility issue with AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) <LI>Fixed compatibility issue with Webroot </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing, <LI>Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes <LI>Fixed renamed items not appearing properly in the AV treatment dialog </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-spyware improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Made AV/AS update frequency configurable <LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements
    </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information