Thread: problem with 7.0.470 upgrade

gratay Guest

Default problem with 7.0.470 upgrade

I upgraded to 7.0.470 when a message popped up yesterday..the prior version was working fine so I clicked for the upgrade to keep my current settings.now when i boot it works for about 5 mins before the yellow x in the system tray comes on saying true vector security service is shut down.?on top of this the pop ups at the bottom of the screen that warn you something is trying to access the internet or monitor internet activity come on and even if I check the box that says apply this setting all the time they just keep popping up ...what to do? It was running smooth before the upgrade?cheers grant

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: problem with 7.0.470 upgrade

Hi!
    apparently your ZA settings were corrupted or became corrupted during the upgrade process.

Reset them and it should go back to normal. This way:

1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after reboot

if you still problem after this, remove yoru current ZA following this instructions:
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html

and reinstall:
    www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

garyzim Guest

THANK you. This seemed to fix the problem with my machine after the upgrade, without (so far) requiring a full uninstall/reinstall. My problems were the same described by so many others - ZA would stop (tray icon switch to red-box-yellow-x... then turn on again, sometimes, then off). As long as it was off, my computer was blind. There must have been something rather bone-headed in this upgrade for it to have adversely affected so many users. Mine had the added fun of screwing up the screen resolution. I have a wide-screen, and the native res is 1680 x 1050. The screen changed to display something quite a bit less than that, but as far as Windows was concerned, it was still at 1680 x 1050. Now every other restart, it's messed up. I can manually set it to something else and back, and that seems to do it. I'm hoping that now that the ZA problem seems fixed, the changing screen resolutions will stop too. (Radeon x300/x550 series driver v. 8.391.0.0, 6/26/07, 22" wide Sceptre monitor.) Anyway, thanks for the reset tip. I'll keep my fingers cross that it will hold. -- garyZ

You're welcome!
    Glad the issue is resolved. No idea on the other problem, first time I hear about ZA and screen resolution.
    Probably corrupted drivers, try to re-install the drivers or update them.

Cheers,
    Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information