Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem downloading ZA free

reservoir_dog Guest

Default Problem downloading ZA free

I first download the ZA downloader, then via the downloader i get the choice to download and install or download only the file at the time.There it goes wrong, when i choose the latter, and i point to a directory to where install it, it always says, "the directory c://....../... is invalid, no matter where i want to download to....Even if i choose for "download and install" it gives the same error, where can i download the file directly? Why this stupid ZA downloader program?
    Greetz

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

reservoir_dog Guest

Default Re: Problem downloading ZA free

Hey! Thanks to all for the nice supportive reply!

Hi!don't panic :8} here you have:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...470_000_en.exeCheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

reservoir_dog Guest

Thank u very much, but could you please provide me the link for the Vista version please?
    Thx!

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Reservoir_Dog wrote:
    Thank u very much, but could you please provide me the link for the Vista version please?Thx!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you read this line at the Top of the ZAFree Web-Page link..<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=810 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=body width=802><P class=headredbig>ZoneAlarm
    Release History

The latest ZoneAlarm release is 7.0.470.000. For release histories that apply specifically to products used on the Windows Vista platform, go here.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948534132
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3665
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3665
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

reservoir_dog Guest

I already tried that, with the same problem as i explained in topic 1.With that link i also get that ZA Downloader

Hi!next time please detail the version you needed http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...248_000_en.exeBy the way, if you already have problems with the installer then you don't start from a promising point.Better to resolve the issue with the installer, if possible...Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-12-2008 10:28 AM

reservoir_dog Guest

Thanks for the link!Me resolving my problem??I have the same problem on my desktop pc with win XP AND on a freshly installed Vista on my laptop...I dont think its my problem but a problem with the downloader....Please test it... the free versions....

Message Edited by Reservoir_Dog on 04-12-2008 11:50 AM

Hi!tested it and works absolutely fine here... Cheers,Fax

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Reservoir_Dog wrote:
    Thanks for the link!Me resolving my problem??I have the same problem on my desktop pc with win XP AND on a freshly installed Vista on my laptop...I dont think its my problem but a problem with the downloader....Please test it... the free versions....

Message Edited by Reservoir_Dog on 04-12-2008 11:50 AM
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sorry you having Problems, The Link I provided for ZAFree Vista also worked fine for downloading 7.1.248.000 If you had Clicked on the "click here" link you get a 205kb Installer filebut it must be downloaded from the Vista computer, not the WinXP Computer.and I too have downloaded the ZAFree for Vista verson andTESTED it on Vista Home Premium with no problem..If you continuing to have problems, the as Guru Fax Suggested, you may have a pre-existing problem on your Computer..There are dozens of things that could result in a Corrupted or Bad download or Failure to Install..Here is a Short List:1.) Zonealarm.com servers comunicate best when downloading with MS IE6 or IE72.) The use of Download Managers/Accerlerators like GetRight used with dialUp connections can result in corrupted files..3.) Surfing the Internet with second browser window or checking Email, or Downloading Games, Music files or other Backgrownd activity while Downloading the ZA Update can result in a corrupted or incomplete files.. the Downloaded i\from http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...248_000_en.exeis 17.2 MB4.)Have youDefragged your Hard drive? How much Free space is available?If the Hard drive is over half full and not Defragged/Optimized in a while, This 17.2MB ZAFree file could be stored in several Fragments on the Hard drive and if Other Intense HD activity is going on in the back grown durring the ZA upgrade download.. this too could result in a corrupted Download..5.) is your WinXP up to date with Service Pack 2 and Current MS updates..6.) How much Ram Memory available,..7.) do you have any other Security software installed or running in the Backgrown that May conflict with ZA download or Install? ZAFree 7.0.XXX now includes all of the Install Modeles from the Full Security Suite, which are installed but not Activated unless your Choose the Free 15 day Trial option But even if not Activated theses Modules could Conflict with any third party Security Files already installed..8.) as Guru Fax advised have you resently run a Full AV/AS Scan both in normal mode and in Safe mode?9.) <HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vistaadd/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vistaadd/remove software tool in the control panel.<LI>Caution if you use any of the new hybrid "Anti-spyware with Anti-virus software" - like Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware or PCTools SpywareDoctor with Integrated AntiVirus, or SunbeltSoftware CounterSpy with VIPRE, etc. = the anti-virus portion may cause conflict with your main AntiVirus software. <HR>Other Helpful Vista Hints:<LI>http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162</LI>10.) And to avoid any problem just do the following:- Download the installer with IE6 or IE7 (and no Download Manager like GetRight)- On your current ZA, Uncheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under ZA Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)- Reboot your PC- Install the new update (upgrade or clean install) Accept the default Settings, Auto-Learn, and Trusted Zone..Please post back with your Progress Report
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite Beta version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948718479
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3675
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.248.000

TrueVector version:7.1.248.000
    Driver version:7.1.248.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3675--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000

TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948718479
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3675
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 04-12-2008 07:50 AM
    GeorgeV