Thread: Zone Alarm Security Suite vs Vista Home Premium

justclox Guest

Default Zone Alarm Security Suite vs Vista Home Premium

I have subscribed to Zone Alarm for a number of years now and "upgraded" to a new Quad processor machine running Vista Home Premium and installed a 2 year subscription to the Vista compatible Zone Alarm. Unfortunately I have had continual problems with the machine locking up, taking far too long to start and stop and if I left the machine on over night the sound would be terrible and nothing would turn off properly in the morning. I virtually lost all patience with Vista!

I posted my problem on a few sites and one person eventually gave me the information that (in their view) Zone Alarm caused a number of problems with Vista and that I should unload all Zone Alarm software. Naturally I did not believe this for one minute as Zone Alarm Security Suite is advertised as being compatible with Vista.

In absolute desperation, however I tried his suggestion and took out the Security Suite and Forcefield.

To my utter amazement my machine now works perfectly, programs run, my sound is just perfect and it switches off and on quickly. I have loaded in the AVG free protection software as an interim measure and my machine is still running efficiently and smoothly with AVG updates arriving daily.

How many other people are suffering a similar set of problems??

Is (or can) anything be done to rectify whatever the incompatibility issues are with Vista?

best regards,

justclox (UK)

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:6.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite vs Vista Home Premium

Hi!running ZASS latest build (248) with VISTA SP1 + ZAFF latest beta and I have absolutely no problem.You may get some delays at boot (may be 1 minute) but for the rest everything works fine and there are no locks.I don't boot my system every 10 minutes so 1 minute at boot is more than acceptable.What you describe can be related to ZASS corrupted settings or ZAFF beta problems.Earlier ZAFF beta sometime locked VISTA at shutdown. You should try the latest beta (316) that so far is running well.If you want to install ZASS back. Remove AVG and any other security tools (apart from window defender that cause not problem to ZASS) and reinstall ZASS. Before installing ZASS double check that you don't have the following folders on your PC (if you have please remove them):"Internet Logs" in Windows directory"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>Then test ZASS for sometime... initially ZASS needs to learn your system but after the first two weeks it should settle down.Wait to install ZAFF beta up to when ZASS works as it should.Cheers,FaxEDIT: by the way, as licensed user of a ZA product, you can contact (free of charge) the ZA technical support at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform

Message Edited by fax on 04-13-2008 01:46 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Default Re: Zone Alarm Security Suite vs Vista Home Premium

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Here is a Forum Linkto a Tutorial I wrote on things to do when adding ZA for Vista to a New Vista Computer..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162Please post back with your progress report..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948786310
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3675
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------