Thread: ZASS 70.470.000 kills internet connection

jamesbyrd Guest

Default ZASS 70.470.000 kills internet connection

I've used ZASS for a couple years now. I have run XP with ZASS, and upgraded many times with no problems. The other day, per the ZASS prompt, I upgraded. boo-hoo, bad idea. My TrueVector is now shut down (according to the message on the icon on the start bar), and in ZASS status window, I get SYSTEM ERROR, PLEASE REBOOT. Rebooting doesn't help. My internet connection on that PC won't work now. Out of this ZASS, I run the anti-spyware, the firewall, the junk email filter, and some of the logging. I have always had the ZASS antivirus set to OFF. I use the Symantec antivirus. I am not great with "under the hood" PC stuff -- let's say I am an "intermediate" computer user, so I am hoping there is a simple fix for this -- to get my internet going again, to be able to not use the components of ZASS that I don't want to use, and not be forced to uninstall Symantec. I did not set up this PC, and I don't want to have to tweak around with the set up --- I don't think I have that level of expertise. Can anyone out there help me out? I've been waiting for 3 days now for the tech support guys at ZA to respond to my 2 emails to them, and so far, nothing. The PC with the problem is the one I use to telecommute, so I am in a real bind. Thanks!!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS 70.470.000 kills internet connection

Hi!usually ZASS does not play nice with symantec/norton productsand it is NOT recommended to run 2 antivirus on the same system.They actually block each other (behind the scene) providing overall less security for the user. I am actually surprised you did not have problems before.The ideal approach would be to remove Norton/symantec antivirus (from add/remove programs), then run this utility:http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039Then remove ZASS following this instructions:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html(take careful note of your ZASS license number)Run a system/registry cleaner.Use ccleaner, its free and does not mess as many other tools.Download it from here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim Then download and install ZASS and keep the default settingsownload it from here: www.zonealarm/zasuitedownload/If you don't want to do the above you can try simply to reset ZASS settings and see if it works but better you clean out your system. You will enjoy a more stable, fast and secure PC.Reset ZASS settings this way:1.) Hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys together
    2.) Right click on the ZA icon near your clock
    3.) Choose 'Reset' from the box that comes up
    4.) Choose Yes on the Reset Settings dialog box
    5.) When prompted, choose OK to restart your system
    6.) Follow the on screen configuration prompts after rebootHope this helps.Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 04-14-2008 09:52 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information