Thread: ZA 7.0.470.000 Install - Cannot find the file 'FALSE' (or one of its components)

yaretiree Guest

Default ZA 7.0.470.000 Install - Cannot find the file 'FALSE' (or one of its components)

I upgraded ZA to 7.0.470 from the previous current ZA and got this message part way through the install:
    Cannot find the file 'FALSE' (or one of its components). Make sure that the path and filename are correct and that all libraries are available.

Does anyone have the location and description of this file? I'm not sure that this is a ZA problem, but it could be.

FWIW, here is the rest of the story. The install failed and I couldn't access the Internet. I uninstalled ZA (thank you ZA for putting an uninstall choice in the Start menu, as the Control Panel would not come up). The Internet was now available to me! I then did a clean install of 7.0.470 and the same message came up. However, this time the installation appeared to work properly and the Internet is available.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:4.x
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: ZA 7.0.470.000 Install - Cannot find the file 'FALSE' (or one of its components)

The installer file that you are running, what older is it in? Or other location?
    My homes are SpywareHammer.com and DonHoover.net and BleepingComputer.com

Consumer Security - 2011 & 2012

Tilting at windmills hurts you more than the windmills.
    -From the Notebooks of Lazarus Long
    Senior of the Howard Families

yaretiree Guest

Default Re: ZA 7.0.470.000 Install - Cannot find the file 'FALSE' (or one of its components)

I saved the ZA .exe upgrade/install file to my Desktop and ran it from there.

Can you access your windows temp folder easily? If you can, you may want to clean it out.

yaretiree Guest

Yes, I can clean it out. Could you explain why that might cause the problem of not finding the "FALSE" file?

I clean out my temp files fairly regularly, so I'm a bit dubious that this is the issue. But you never know.

Thanks by the way for taking the time to look at this.

Normally where False is, there is a location and file. I looked around for what could cause a false statement there and couldn't find any. I am hoping that it is an indication that the path was false.

If trying to install again doesn't work, try rebooting to safe mode and doing an install.

yaretiree Guest

Thanks, I might try a Safe-mode install at some point in the future.

I'd be curious, if you had a Win2K system, if there was a file named "False" somewhere on your system.

I know that I don't have such a file now (nor does my XP system). However, I'd like to rule out the possibility that my operating system isn't somehow corrupted.

Sorry, I have an XP Home, XP Pro, XP Media Center, Vista, and Ubuntu system. And as you, I have not found a file named False.

Thread Information