Thread: Zone Alarm Upgrade Fails

mwpioneer Guest

Default Zone Alarm Upgrade Fails

I am using WIndows XP with SP2.
    I am running AVG Free anti-virus and Spyware Doctor, although I have done what I can to disable the automatic start-up of Spyware Doctor as previous upgrades have corrupted the SD database.
    I have downloaded the new zone alarm install file 3 times, each time the File Copy hangs at 53% when copying ....\Temp\041508164705\imtdnov\x32\klif.cat (or something like that).
    The first time I tried I was doing an install over an old copy, to make my computer work after that I had to uninstall Zone Alarm through add/remove programs, the third time I deleted all the files and even carried out the regedit recommended by "fax".
    It's the first time I've ever edited the registry so was rather concerned.
    After the file hangs I have to reboot and select the option to use the last successful configuration.
    At the moment I'm rather despondent - whilst Zone Alarm ran successfully for years, I have followed the urgent recommendation that kept popping up on my screen and now - disaster - no firewall at all (except Windows XP firewall, which by the way was NOT running on the first occasion I tried to install).

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Upgrade Fails

<blockquote>\<hr>mwpioneer wrote:
    I am using WIndows XP with SP2.
    I am running AVG Free anti-virus and Spyware Doctor, although I have done what I can to disable the automatic start-up of Spyware Doctor as previous upgrades have corrupted the SD database.
    I have downloaded the new zone alarm install file 3 times, each time the File Copy hangs at 53% when copying ....\Temp\041508164705\imtdnov\x32\klif.cat (or something like that).
    The first time I tried I was doing an install over an old copy, to make my computer work after that I had to uninstall Zone Alarm through add/remove programs, the third time I deleted all the files and even carried out the regedit recommended by &quot;fax&quot;.
    It's the first time I've ever edited the registry so was rather concerned.
    After the file hangs I have to reboot and select the option to use the last successful configuration.
    At the moment I'm rather despondent - whilst Zone Alarm ran successfully for years, I have followed the urgent recommendation that kept popping up on my screen and now - disaster - no firewall at all (except Windows XP firewall, which by the way was NOT running on the first occasion I tried to install).

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm (Free)

<hr></blockquote>Welcome to the ZA User Forum..
    Please read the Following Forum Link by Senior contributor about Installing ZAFree on WinXP..
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798
    Please Follow the instructions given in that link and Post back with your progress report..

---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:948872658
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3675
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by Prof_Fate on 04-15-2008 11:30 AM