Thread: Product refuses to work

zskd Guest

Default Product refuses to work

I had a previous version of zone alarm installed but decided to try other brands after my year was up.Following this little experiment I wanted to return to zone alarm and purchased another disc to achieve this end but the program will not prompt for the license code saying that my subscription is up additionally the program does not really seem to function at all. Can anyone give a suggestion as to how I can fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Product refuses to work

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>zskd wrote:
    I had a previous version of zone alarm installed but decided to try other brands after my year was up.Following this little experiment I wanted to return to zone alarm and purchased another disc to achieve this end but the program will not prompt for the license code saying that my subscription is up additionally the program does not really seem to function at all. Can anyone give a suggestion as to how I can fix this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. 1.) Following this little experiment of trying other Security Software.. a.) Did you properly Uninstall those programs before Re-installing ZoneAlarm Security Suite? b.) Both McAfee and Symantec/Norton are known to leave remnants behind when uninstalled that may conflict with the install of ZoneAlarm.. c.) some versions of SpywareDoctor can conflict with ZoneAlarm..2.) Do you still have your old ZoneAlarm installed, or did you properly Uninstall it before Installing the other Experimented Security programs?Please provide more information..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.470.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.470.000
    Driver version:7.0.470.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949049852
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3715
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

zskd Guest

To be fully honest I believe that my trouble is coming from not fully un-installing
    the previous zone alarm but I don't really know how to do that.Additionally it seems that no matter what I do the firewall from the previous version remains in my windows security set-up.

To be fully honest I believe that my trouble is coming from not fully un-installingthe previous zone alarm but I don't really know how to do that.Additionally it seems that no matter what I do the firewall from the previous version remains in my windows security set-up.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..Try a clean unistall of the program then reinstall the program.....

1.) Download a Current Copy of Zone Alarm Security Suite from
    ZA website in the release history section.

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

2.) Go into ZA Overview/Preferences and Un-Check "Load Zone Alarm on Startup"
    3.) Reboot Computer to Remove Zone Alarm drivers from Memory..
    4.) Temporarily shut down any other AV/AS Security programs that May Conflict with ZA Install

5..) Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs
    RIGHT-click on Uninstall Zone Labs Security, then select Properties.
    Under Target you will see the following line (the actual drive may be different on your system):
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninstexe"
    Change it to:
    "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean /rmlicense (add a space and then the /clean)
    Click OK to save the new command line.
    Click on Start -&gt; Programs -&gt; Zone Labs -&gt; Uninstall Zone Labs Security
    Click OK to run the uninstaller, and OK any security alerts that pop up.
    say "Yes when being prompted for the removal of all files and allow TrueVector to shut down.
    - Reboot

Now Start again in the Safe mode and delete these files in the Windows Directory:

WINDOWS\ Internet Logs

Program Files\Zone Labs

WINDOWS\system32\ Zonelabs

Now Reboot

Using something like this Freeware CCleaner &lt;--- http://www.ccleaner.com/download/bui...wnloading-slim
    , will help do the cleanup as well on both the Hard drive and the Registry .

Now Re-install the ZASS program now. and Accept the Default Settings, and Auto-Learn Mode, Choose Trusted Zone and not the Internet Zoneand next do a Manual Update of the AV/AS..Please post back with your progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949114337
    GeorgeV

zskd Guest

I did that sometime this morning I also dl the program that frees ram and ran that followed by a removal of the program from my windows system32 file all to no avail. For some reason the computer brings up the screen but I am unable to interact with it.
    Upon installation it
    never prompted for the license code (which I do have)but rather pressed for me to renew my subscription on line
    additionally after the screen comes up when the screen loads it
    refuses to minimize then picks up the print of whatever screen I've brought up over it.I deleted my Internet logs,compressed my old files but I don't really know what to try next.Suggestions?

Then try this forum Link..http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...on_failed.html<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">STEP1: UNINSTALL ZONEALARM <xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">Please follow the steps below to manually uninstall ZoneAlarm from your system. Please make sure to follow the steps for whichever operating system you may have. After ZoneAlarm is uninstalled, please make sure you have all of the Windows Updates installed and run a complete virus scan on your system to make sure there is not a virus on the system. You can run a free virus scan from the link below. <o></o><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx <o></o><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">

Windows 2000/XP<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">1. Restart your computer<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">2. When you see the screen go black and it starts booting back up keep tapping the "F8" key (at the top of your keyboard)<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">3. This should bring up a menu. Choose Safe Mode off the menu by using the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and press Enter<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">4. If you get a message asking to go to Safe Mode, choose Yes. If you get a help and support window, close this.<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">5. Once you are at the desktop, Click Start, My Computer<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">6. Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">7. Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders"<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">8. Remove the check from "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)"<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">9. Choose Yes to the warning<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">10. Click OK<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">11. Double click C:<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">
    Note: In the future steps if you do not see any files or folders, please click the "Show Files" link to view them. <o></o>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">12. Double Click the Program Files Folder<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">13. Right Click the ZoneAlarm Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">14. Close this window<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">15. Click Start, My Computer<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">16. Double Click the C:<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">17. Double Click the Windows Folder (It may say WinNT if you have Windows 2000)<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">18. Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">19. Double Click the System32 Folder<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">20. Right Click the ZoneAlarm Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">21. Right Click the file Vsdatant.sys, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">22. Right Click the file VSUtil.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">23. Right Click the file VSInit.dll, click Delete, and choose Yes<o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">24. Restart the computer.<o></o>--------------Please post back with your progress report..Thank you..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949118005

GeorgeV

zskd Guest

Well it almost worked.I followed the steps but my computer refuses to delete the version of the program while in safe mode stating that its being used by another program so I left that bit alone and instead deleted all the other items. Restarted the computer
    put in the disc which started to load but refused on account of the fact that the version on the disc is apparently older than the one I had most likely due to the upgrade I installed during all of this. So I tried installing the upgraded version without the disc which circled me back to my original unusable state for the program;ideas?

Well it almost worked.I followed the steps but my computer refuses to delete the version of the program while in safe mode stating that its being used by another program so I left that bit alone and instead deleted all the other items. Restarted the computerput in the disc which started to load but refused on account of the fact that the version on the disc is apparently older than the one I had most likely due to the upgrade I installed during all of this. So I tried installing the upgraded version without the disc which circled me back to my original unusable state for the program;ideas?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for your feedback..If you Rebooted into safe mode The No part of Zonealarm will start or run unless to Manually Start it..and if you have not Completely Removed ZoneAlarm with the Space/clean and Space/rmlicense SwitchedThe Older versions of ZA may conflict with Newer versions..Some User are successful Installing the Lastest version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite in Safe Mode..Here is a Direct lDownload link.. (Download Preferably with MSIE, and do not use any Download Accelerator like GetRight)

The latest ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite release is 7.0.470.000. For release histories that apply specifically to products used on the Windows Vista platform, go here.<P class=body><B class=headblack2>http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ownloadnow.gif[/B] <P class=headblack2>Release History:<UL><LI><B class=headblack2>7.0 Branch[/B]

7.0.470.000 was released to the public on March 20, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.
    </LI><LI><P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.470.000 name=7.0.470.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.470.000

Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.<UL class=body><LI>Usability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear <LI>Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users <LI>Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active <LI>Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier <LI>Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV </LI>[/list]<LI>Various other stability and performance improvements </LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.462.000 name=7.0.462.000 target=_blank></A>ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite version 7.0.462.000<UL class=body><LI>Performance improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Improved system boot time <LI>Included a new anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines. </LI>[/list]<LI>Stability improvements in anti-virus: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during scan <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in after repair of archive (or similar) on CD. </LI>[/list]<LI>Additional Stability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon <LI>Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown <LI>Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient. <LI>Fixed various install and upgrade issues <LI>Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates <LI>Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-virus improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing, <LI>Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes </LI>[/list]<LI>Anti-spyware improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New anti-spyware engine <LI>Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access </LI>[/list]<LI>Ease-of-use improvements: <UL class=body><LI>New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone) <LI>Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours </LI>[/list]<LI>Customization improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Made AV/AS update frequency configurable <LI>Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray). <LI>Various other fixes and improvements </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</LI><LI></LI><LI>If that does not work, you can contact ZoneAlarm Tech support for free at: www.zonealarm.com/tsform</LI><LI>Preferably with MS IE, Please give them the full details of you problem , and what efferet you have tried..</LI><LI>When you click the Submit Button, you will receive a auto-generated Confirmation Email with your Case Number and a reply from TS ASAP..</LI><LI>if you do not get the confirmation Email within a few hours, Please check your Spam/Junkmail Folder..</LI><LI></LI><LI>Please post back with your progress report..</LI><LI></LI><LI>
    </LI>[/list]--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949118005
    GeorgeV