Thread: Windows XP freezes after installation of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008

mazon Guest

Default Windows XP freezes after installation of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008

I just recently updated my ZA from Suite 2007 (which I've had 0 issues with) to 2008 after my license expired, and immediately following installation and update my computer fails to respond to any keyboard or mouse actions. Whenever I reboot my computer I can log in to windows and shortly thereafter my computer freezes and I lose all control. I have tried troubleshooting the problem but have not been able to resolve the matter.

Only when I have my network cable disconnected from my system (removing internet access) do I regain control. I've checked event viewer and it appears that every, and I mean EVERY, service on my system is being sent a Start command to initiate. This is not normal for my computer at all.

I'm at a loss of what to do next. My system is currently unprotected and I feel like I've wasted good money on a failing product.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

mturok Guest

Default Re: Windows XP freezes after installation of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008

ZoneAlarm Internet suite 2008? Where did you get it from? The latest release is Suite 7.0.470.000. Unlike others, ZoneAlarm is not numbered year wise.

Default Re: Windows XP freezes after installation of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 2008

I would recommend that once you are able to log on, under the 'Preferences' tab uncheck the 'Load at startup' tab and reboot. Once you are able to log on again I would recommend that you completely uninstall ZoneAlarm followed by a fresh installation of the latest version which you can download from here:http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlNNard

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>mturok wrote:
    ZoneAlarm Internet suite 2008? Where did you get it from? The latest release is Suite 7.0.470.000. Unlike others, ZoneAlarm is not numbered year wise.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ZASuite 2008 is the Store bought Boxed version of ZASuite.. which contains 7.0.408.000 or 7.0.462.000But the License Key on the Disk will work with 7.0.470.000 or the newest release 7.0.473.000--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:949658029
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3785
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

naivemelody Guest

&quot;Under the assumption&quot; you have used two retail boxes of ZA Suite; 2007 CD-Rom installed,
    ok, expired
    &gt; then tried to install ZA Suite 2008 CD-Rom
    to continue subscription - but, installed new CD-Rom on-top of the old 2007 install 'without properly &quot;un-installing&quot; the expiring version -? or some variation of.<hr>What you 'could have done' &gt; just prior to expiration &gt; upgrade to the latest version (now 7.0.473) with a 'clean install' method &gt; now, enter and change license to the new key - written on the sleeve of the box [without using the new CD-Rom at all] The critical item is the license
    key, the
    CD-Rom should used carefully (good back-up) - but, using two CD-Rom
    installs
    on top of each other causes big conflicts/ problems. Anyhow...<hr>OK - let's get busy. You need to properly un-install ZA from pc. Then you can re-install 'direct from website the latest version 7.0.473'
    and then enter the key from the 2008 box - this gets you there quicker and easier than using the CD-Rom. (Don't worry
    about
    buying the retail box with CD-Rom
    &gt; it is usually a 'good' deal {sometimes cheaper than ZA website - } )<hr>Let's try this 'un-install instructions' &gt; http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=77605
    . If you have Ccleaner or other clean-up/registry cleaner - use it to clean ZA off the pc.<hr>If it is too hard to follow
    - see/ click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645
    = there are a few other 'un-install instructions available within
    post'
    = this link also include 'install' tips and guidelines for you to follow. Pay attention to install 'tips and guidelines.'<hr>Install 7.0.473 direct from website - click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...ssage.id=73645<hr>:8}NaiveMelody NYC 4-26-08 - Gasoline - Sheryl Crow

Thread Information