Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZoneAlarm Free seems to be incompatible with Webshield component of **bleep** Anti-virus

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Free seems to be incompatible with Webshield component of **bleep** Anti-virus

Yes it is. The database reset still retains (and does not alter) the original drivers, main application files and so forth.
    It simply removes the working/useable database in the main "storage" files and anything stored in the PC memory.
    Every firewall I have seen uses some sort of file storage and memory space for it's firewalling.
    The database reset is just a neat way to clean out the ZA and get it back to the original first installed state.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

sgolux Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Free seems to be incompatible with Webshield component of **bleep** Anti-virus

Sorry - I was unclear with my question!

I meant to say that before I even started this forum topic, I completely de-installed and then re-installed zonealarm to see if the problem would go away. It did not.

I meant to ask... if that process did not do anything to clear the problem, is there any reason to suspect that just nulling out the databases would do the trick?

Thanks again.

Incorrect setting (by user) or incorrect data (by uninstall, or changes, or updates/upgrades of files, or window changes or corrupted data) would be removed with the database reset.

I did take a look at the a v a s t forum - the usual advice is upgrade to the latest beta (perhaps there are some issues with the new antivirus with it's web scanner) and to do some editing of some .ini files of the antivirus.
    Perhaps the next beta or so will resolve their antivirus issue with other firewalls.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information