Thread: ERROR IN UPDATING THE SPYWARE

rubeneditor Guest

Default ERROR IN UPDATING THE SPYWARE

Hello there, I finished the free trial with the zone for 15 days it worked perfectly and decided to buy it. The choices were to
    just change the license key entry or the recommended one, uninstall the downloaded trial version
    and
    install the
    new one which I did with no difficulty.As I was reconfiguring the settings a flag prompted me to update the virus and antispyware definitions which I proceded to do. All of the sudden the computer frozed, the updating window kept running with a message that read antivirus the task encountered an
    error .
    Now I can'stop it, I cant do anything at the main page because it reads that an update is running and I can't uninstall it because of the same reason. The thing is that I decided to wait just in case it would stop automatically but it's been 5 hours already. Please I need help.rubeneditor

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ERROR IN UPDATING THE SPYWARE

Hi!you could have just inserted the license key and you where ready to enjoy ZASS.Now try to boot in SAFE MODE and remove ZA from there (add/remove)(How to start in SAFE MODE: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d..._failsafe.mspx)Also remove (empty trash bin after) the following folders if still there:"Internet Logs" (under your Windows folder)"Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)"Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>Reboot in Normal mode.Then install again ZASS, download it here: www.zonealarm.com/zasuitedownload/Cheers,Fax

Message Edited by fax on 05-03-2008 09:59 PM

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information