Thread: Need previous version of ZoneAlarm Free Firewall since v7.0.473 is a pain

erkone Guest

Default Need previous version of ZoneAlarm Free Firewall since v7.0.473 is a pain

Hi,

Sorry in advance for my bad english.
    I've done a fresh install of Windows Xp SP2 updated to SP3 2 days ago.
    Lastest Avira Antivir Free and Zone Alarm Free Firewall are running. I do a search on internet because Antivir is stopping analysis on the file "tracking.log" due to a problem with Zone Alarm.
    During my search i found this web page:
    http://wiki.castlecops.com/Roll_your...Security_Suite

So since a couple of hours i decided to give a try to several of this free applications.

First one: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    It is blocking is analysis on a Zone Alarm file

Second one: a-squared Free

Well, i don't know if i will try another anti-something as long as i will not have remove this version of zone alarm.
    I have try to download ZA v6.5 but when i double click the .exe i have an error message saying that it is not a valid win32 application !!!

I think that i'm going to give a try to ubuntu...if i have to spend time with something, i think that an OS with less security problems will be better but i would like to run a clean XP too that will be the less connected to internet as possible, so if you have a valid link to an older version of a valid Zone Alarm i will appreciate.

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Do not bother to respond.
    After reading this:
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/fir...ge/results.php
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...tilities.htm#5

I have decided to definitely remove Zone Alarm to switch for C.o.m.o.d.o. Firewall Pro 3.0.21.329 FREE

Message Edited by erkone on 05-09-2008 02:22 PM

Message Edited by erkone on 05-09-2008 03:33 PM

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Free Firewall since v7.0.473 is a pain with SP3?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>erkone wrote:
    Hi,

Sorry in advance for my bad english.
    I've done a fresh install of Windows Xp SP2 updated to SP3 2 days ago.
    Lastest Avira Antivir Free and Zone Alarm Free Firewall are running. I do a search on internet because Antivir is stopping analysis on the file "tracking.log" due to a problem with Zone Alarm.
    During my search i found this web page:
    http://wiki.castlecops.com/Roll_your...Security_Suite

So since a couple of hours i decided to give a try to several of this free applications.

First one: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Second one: a-squared Free

Well, i don't know if i will try another anti-something as long as i will not have remove this version of zone alarm.
    I have try to download ZA v6.5 but when i double click the .exe i have an error message saying that it is not a valid win32 application !!!

I think that i'm going to give a try to ubuntu...if i have to spend time with something, i think that an OS with less security problems will be better but i would like to run a clean XP too that will be the less connected to internet as possible, so if you have a valid link to an older version of a valid Zone Alarm i will appreciate.

Many thanks in advance.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..1.) ZA 7.0.473.000 working fine with MS XP SP3..2.) There is very little difference between ZA .470 and .473<A id=7.0.473.000 target=_blank name=7.0.473.000></A><P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.473.000 target=_blank name=7.0.473.000></A>ZoneAlarm version 7.0.473.000<UL class=body><LI>Compatibility improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed compatibility issue with public beta of ForceField </LI>[/list]<LI>Other improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Various stability improvements. </LI>[/list]</LI>[/list]<P class=headblack2><A id=7.0.470.000 target=_blank name=7.0.470.000></A>ZoneAlarm version 7.0.470.000<UL class=body><LI>Usability improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear <LI>Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users <LI>Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal </LI>[/list]<LI>Compatibility improvements: <UL class=body><LI>Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active <LI>Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier <LI>Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV </LI>[/list]<LI>Various other stability and performance improvements </LI>[/list]I am running ZASS with WinXP SP3 with no problems..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:950611682
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    --------------------------------------------------I know Za 6.5.xxx was designed to be Compatible with WinXP SP2, but that was way before any information on WinXP SP3 was available to the ZA Developers of ZA 6.5, so ZA before 7.0.470 may not be compatible with WinXP SP3.. ?-------------------------------------------------------3.) not a valid win32 application Error means your Downloaded ZA 6.5 files was Incomplete or Corrupted durring the Download..4.) the not a valid win32 application error usually happens while downloading over a Dialup connection, when you have other things going on durring the download process, like Surfing the Net in another Window, or playing games, or Music or reading Email while the Download is going on or Buring a CD/DVD durring the Download.. any other operation durring the download can cause a minor delay or corruption of the data in the downloaded file..Here is the Link to older versions of ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlGood Luck..Please Post back with your progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:950611682
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3845
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 05-09-2008 08:52 AM

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 05-09-2008 11:18 AM