Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "vsmonapi.dll is not a valid windows image," can't access ZA control panel

hammernu Guest

Default Re: "vsmonapi.dll is not a valid windows image," can't access ZA control panel

Sorry for the delay in replying. My computer quit responding on the 18th and I had to reinstall Windows.
    The switches are needed. For example, in RMDIR (remove directory), "/S" says to remove the directory tree (the directory itself and all files and sub-directories), and "/Q" implies quiet mode (do not query the user for permission to delete). The /R is necessary for the above reason, though not the /Q.
    The paramaters used are as follows:
    PROGRAMFILE = C:\Program Files
    SYSTEMROOT = C:\Windows
    You could try entering the commands manually at the command line, one by one, and see what happens, or try other commands like deltree or del. I hope you're able to get something to work.

ugh Guest

Default Re: "vsmonapi.dll is not a valid windows image," can't access ZA control panel

Now it's my turn to apologize for the long time between replies, I was out of town.
    I tried entering the commands manually, and it recognized the commands without the switches, but for some reason I can't access C:\ with that method of booting either, I get an error that the file/directory on C: I'm trying to use
    "cannot be found" whether it's a system file or just a .txt file that says daisodjf that I made to test.
    I've 5 times checked the
    syntax and spelling, and nothing I'm
    putting in
    should cause problems, but as far as I've gotten,
    nothing involving C: works.
    Now, just to make matters worse, C: has forgotten what my USB storage device that I've had ever since I've had computer problems. Grrrrrrrr....
    I officially declare this computer dying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information