Thread: ZASS & Vista

kattbird Guest

Default ZASS & Vista

I wasn't sure which forum to put this under. I have had ZASS on my destop (XP)
    for the last 3-4 years. I recently bought a laptop (Vista on it) so I renewed my subscription buying the 3 PC deal. I noticed when I downloaded to my laptop (with Vista) that it doesn't have all the programs on the left hand side of the ZASS menu. It doesn't have Privacy, Identity Protection, IM Security and Parental Control. Does Vista not need those things? Or because you're getting such a deal for $10 more
    for 3 pc's that they don't give you all the menus or whatever you call them?Thanks

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS & Vista

Hi!please see here:http://www.zonealarm.com/store/suppo...Qs_vista.jsp#1ZASS for VISTA with some of the fuctions back is currently under beta stage:www.zonealarm.com/beta Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kattbird Guest

Thanks, can I or is it safe to download the Beta version to my laptop (Vista)?

You're welcome!I would personally wait for next BETA release.If you want to install, have a full backup of your current system.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

I agree with Guru Fax.. If your not Computer Savy and familier with BETA Testing and Resolving Crashes and possible New Bugs,It is advisable to be cautious about trying the First release of a Beta version unless your familier with Beta Testing..

<B class=headred1><A id=preparation name=preparation target=_blank></A>[/B]Preparation:

Please make sure your machine is all set up before you install our latest beta software. By installing some recommended tools you will help us to make this Beta more successful and your beta reports even more valuable.

<P class=headred1><B class=headred1><A id=version name=version target=_blank></A>[/B]Version currently in testing:

ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.3.013.000 (32-bit)

<B class=headred1><A id=known name=known target=_blank></A>[/B]

<B class=headred1>
    Testing Details[/B]

<B class=headblack2>Who is eligible to test?[/B]

This is an open Beta and anybody is welcome to participate.

We do NOT suggest using Beta software unless you are familiar with editing the registry, manually removing the product, and so on. Remember that there is NO technical support for the Beta versions.

IMPORTANT: We do not support upgrades from Beta to any shipping version. Once a beta expires (every Beta build hard expires after 60 days) users will need to eitherupgrade toa newer beta build or uninstall the beta and re-install a shipping client version. If you had a valid license key before you installed the beta build, it will still be on the system and a shipping build will recognize it.

<B class=headblack2>How to help make this Beta more successful:[/B]
    1. <LI>Please only test on: Windows XP/Vista (32-bit) <LI>Please make sure to not report issues that are listed under "Known Issues" <LI>Please make sure to generate a complete memory dump for ANY hang you report. Without that there is little to no value in the bug report. <LI>Please make sure to run your machine overnight and see if the experience is the same after it has been running for hours/days or if you experience slowdowns, blocked traffic and so on. <LI>If you have a Notebook, please test hibernate/standby mode and see if the experience is the same after it has been running for hours/days or if you experience slowdowns, blocked traffic and so on. <LI>Make sure to click all panels and verify that they load and refresh correctly. <LI>Test each of the features <LI>Keep an eye on system stability and resource usage while running the ZoneAlarm Beta <LI>If you report a BSOD, system/program hang or client/truevector crash, please make sure to send us your error logs (instructions can be found on the confirmation mail you will receive when you submit feedback, including your error-submission case number, which will change for every submission you do.) <LI>Please send detailed feedback using this form: http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedback </LI>

<B class=headred1><A id=feedback name=feedback target=_blank></A>Providing feedback[/B]<P class=headblack2>Please don't report "Known Issues" listed above or any issues that you have already reported.

Feedback is welcome and is read by the Zone Labs Beta team. To leave feedback for the ZoneAlarm Beta please go to:

http://www.zonealarm.com/betafeedback

You will not receive a response from ZoneAlarm unless more information is requested from the ZoneAlarm Beta team.---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.3.013.000
    TrueVector version:7.3.013.000
    Driver version:7.3.013.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951148840
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3895
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9825
    -----------------------------------------------------------------