Thread: Installing on new disk, same computer

kenrkenr Guest

Default Installing on new disk, same computer

I've installed a new disc in my PC and am slowly transferring over files and configurations, but want to keep using the old disc till the transfer process is complete. I just tried to install ZoneAlarm, which I already have on my old disc, onto the new disc. Everything seemed to go fine, but when the computer rebooted to complete the installation, there was no sign of the new installation on the new disc. Does ZoneAlarm refuse to install if it detects an installation on another disc in the same computer?
    Ken

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Installing on new disk, same computer

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>kenrkenr wrote:
    I've installed a new disc in my PC and am slowly transferring over files and configurations, but want to keep using the old disc till the transfer process is complete. I just tried to install ZoneAlarm, which I already have on my old disc, onto the new disc. Everything seemed to go fine, but when the computer rebooted to complete the installation, there was no sign of the new installation on the new disc. Does ZoneAlarm refuse to install if it detects an installation on another disc in the same computer?Ken

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    1.) ZA will Only Run on the Boot Drive.. are you Booting up on the Old Disk and transferring files to the New disk, or are you Booting onto the New Disk and the Old Disk has been made a Slave Drive?2.) if the New Disk is the Boot Drive your ZAP install may have gotten Corrupted during the Install..Here is a Forum link that may help..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798Here is a Direct link to the Current ZAP Download page..http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlPlease post back with your progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000

TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951148840
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3895
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 05-18-2008 08:03 PM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

kenrkenr Guest

I'll have to consult with my local computer expert, as I'm afraid I don't understand enough to answer. I may just abandon my idea to transition slowly to the new disc and wait till I have everything on it, then forget about the old disc altogether.
    Thanks again for answering.
    Ken

Please post back with a progress report when your all set up to try again..
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

Thread Information