Thread: Cannot Download/Install Free Firewall

henryj Guest

Default Cannot Download/Install Free Firewall

Hello, I've been trying to install the Zonealarm free firewall on this computer. I am on a People PC dial-up connection, and have installed zonealarm on other computers with a broadband connection. The problem is, when I get to the download/install screen when installing the Free Firewall, and error message comes up that says something like "Installation Failed. Download file is not Zonealarm information. URL redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode...."

I have tried re-downloading the firewall 3 times, and even restarted the computer. Any thoughts as to what is wrong?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

Default Re: Cannot Download/Install Free Firewall

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>HenryJ wrote:
    Hello, I've been trying to install the Zonealarm free firewall on this computer. I am on a People PC dial-up connection, and have installed zonealarm on other computers with a broadband connection. The problem is, when I get to the download/install screen when installing the Free Firewall, and error message comes up that says something like "Installation Failed. Download file is not Zonealarm information. URL redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode...."

I have tried re-downloading the firewall 3 times, and even restarted the computer. Any thoughts as to what is wrong?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please read this Forum Link..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=73798Please post back with your progress report..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951148840
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3895
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

henryj Guest

Hey, somehow it started working. I downloaded a different zonealarm firewall, and this time it took 4 hours (44mb on a dial-up connection =/ ), while the last one was only 200kb or so, and in the installer I guess it tried to download the full firewall. But, after I downloaded the 44mb version, it said it was missing a .dll, so I got mad and went to bed. This morning I tried the installer again, and it still said it was missing a .dll. But, 5 minutes later the installer popped up and now the firewall is installed.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>HenryJ wrote:
    Hey, somehow it started working. I downloaded a different zonealarm firewall, and this time it took 4 hours (44mb on a dial-up connection =/ ), while the last one was only 200kb or so, and in the installer I guess it tried to download the full firewall. But, after I downloaded the 44mb version, it said it was missing a .dll, so I got mad and went to bed. This morning I tried the installer again, and it still said it was missing a .dll. But, 5 minutes later the installer popped up and now the firewall is installed.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...th_whyme-1.gif Thank you for your Feedback.. You did Good! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...th_1way2go.gif I am Glad The New installer worked this time.. http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o.../th_1yahoo.gif--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951214969
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3895
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security