Thread: Transferring License Key

aazzguard Guest

Default Transferring License Key

Hi,

Can anyone advise how I can move my license key for ZA Pro from my old PC(XP) to my new one (Vista).

I will revert the old pc to the basic version of ZA Firewall if I can transfer. I don't want to buy a new one as I had only just paid for a renewal before buying my new PC.

Thanks, A.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: Transferring License Key

Hi!just remove ZA with using /clean and /rmlicense switches.See here:http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.htmlPlease note that ZA XP version will not work in VISTA.You need to download the specific VISTA installer.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

aazzguard Guest

Thanks for the reply. I have already downloaded the Pro trial onto my Vista PC so I'm guessing I can just put in the key from the old machine, once I have finished?

Also, I assume that I need my old PC connected to the internet when I do the uninstall?

Thanks, A.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>aazzguard wrote:
    I'm guessing I can just put in the key from the old machine, once I have finished?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes. The same key.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>aazzguard wrote:
    Also, I assume that I need my old PC connected to the internet when I do the uninstall?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, not needed.Cheers,Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

davigdor Guest

Hi,I read your through your &quot;problem&quot; with interest, as I was looking for advice having had to recently buy a new laptop for my son due to the old one giving up the ghost.The &quot;old&quot; machine was a used Compaq running MS Office XP home edition. I'd used Zone Alarm
    and found it
    a great programme, so bought a copy for the laptop. Everything worked fine until about 4 weeks ago when the old laptop keeled over and wouldn't start properly.
    As I don't have the skills to fix computers I
    paid for it to be repaired, and re-installed the Zone Alarm when it came back from the shop.
    Everything (including Zone Alarm internet security suite 7) worked fine for a week, but it gave up the ghost again so
    I bought a brand new Sony Vaio, which of course runs MS Vista.
    Having read your notes, I
    downloaded the trial version of Zone Alarm to the new laptop.However, the programme won't accept the old licence key, and despite it working fine for months on the old machine, Zone Alarm suggest that the key I have was not issued by them !!Apart from buying
    a new
    licence
    / programme, does anyone have any ideas whether (or how) I can fix this problem ?.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>davigdor wrote:
    Hi,I read your through your "problem" with interest, as I was looking for advice having had to recently buy a new laptop for my son due to the old one giving up the ghost.The "old" machine was a used Compaq running MS Office XP home edition. I'd used Zone Alarmand found ita great programme, so bought a copy for the laptop. Everything worked fine until about 4 weeks ago when the old laptop keeled over and wouldn't start properly.As I don't have the skills to fix computers Ipaid for it to be repaired, and re-installed the Zone Alarm when it came back from the shop.Everything (including Zone Alarm internet security suite 7) worked fine for a week, but it gave up the ghost again soI bought a brand new Sony Vaio, which of course runs MS Vista.Having read your notes, Idownloaded the trial version of Zone Alarm to the new laptop.However, the programme won't accept the old licence key, and despite it working fine for months on the old machine, Zone Alarm suggest that the key I have was not issued by them !!Apart from buyinga newlicence/ programme, does anyone have any ideas whether (or how) I can fix this problem ?.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..

I'll try to help you..

1.) If you purchased a Boxed Version of ZoneAlarm Security Suite in a Store.. the License Key on the CD sleeve was issued by "Bourderbon" not Checkpoint/Zonelabs..

However, license Keys are Type Specific.. meaning.. the Key for ZA Security Suite (as long as not Expired) will only work on ZA Security Suite Version 6.5 to 7.0 for XP and ZA Security Suite 7.1 for Vista (so your WinXP ZA Security Suite Key will work OK on ZA Security suite 7.1.254.000 for Vista..

But itwill not work on ZA Pro or ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Anti-Spyware.. for either XP or Vista, as you will need a new Key for those different type of Zone Alarm..

2.) the License Key is (case Specific) usually Lower Case letters, but you must enter it Exactly as types, (No Spaces and uppercase letters when needed)

Also be careful of mistypes, Some Zeros (0) look like "O" (oh) , sone lowercase "L" look like "1" ones.. etc..

If this help does not work please post back with your progress report..

<HR>

7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only; you can use with 64 bitCPU Processors (Intell/AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)should still be 32 bit not 64-Bit OS} <HR>Hello,7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only; you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)should still be 32 bit }7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc . or 7.0 onto Vista..Good Luck..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951864578
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3965
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3965

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 05-28-2008 11:28 AM
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time

davigdor Guest

Thanks, GeorgeV.
    I've tried inputting the serial
    number several different ways, but it makes no difference. I've checked the numbers and letters and I'm absolutely
    certain I'm inputting the correct details.

Although the new machine is now running the trial version of ZA while I try and sort this out, it's &quot;slowed&quot; the laptop down immensely (it took 3hrs 40 mins to do the first scan, and all the programmes have slowed down dramatically). Also,
    we had
    never used the machine on the internet, yet ZA found two trojan viruses (one of which it can't quarantine or delete) ?
    I've used ZA in the past because I felt it offered the best security, but if ZA internet
    security suite is
    going to have such an impact on the operation of the machine, I'm wondering whether to go for
    separate firewall, virus and spyware programmes ?

You can contact ZA Tech Support Directly for Free with your License Key at www.zonealarm.com/tsformor click on the ZA Customer service Icon at the bottom of this message..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952198439
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3995
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security