Thread: ZA tray icon has disappeared following unsuccesful? upgrade of ZA Anti- virus

rhi Guest

Smile ZA tray icon has disappeared following unsuccesful? upgrade of ZA Anti- virus

Hi
    I bought a new licence key for ZA antivirus yesterday, i replaced the old key with the new one and got teh msg saying it was sucessful , but then afterwards I downloaded the file ( i wasn't sure it was that necessary?). I saved it in my docs (zaavSetup_en.exe) but also ran it from source.Anyway since then my windows security centre keeps alerting me that i have no anti virus software and my ZA tray icon has gone, so I can't check the key or tell you my exact version sorry, but i guess its the latest one
    Please can you help me?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Antivirus

prof_fate Guest

Default Re: ZA tray icon has disappeared following unsuccesful? upgrade of ZA Anti- virus

<blockquote><hr>rhi wrote:
    Hi
    I bought a new licence key for ZA antivirus yesterday, i replaced the old key with the new one and got teh msg saying it was sucessful , but then afterwards I downloaded the file ( i wasn't sure it was that necessary?). I saved it in my docs (zaavSetup_en.exe) but also ran it from source.Anyway since then my windows security centre keeps alerting me that i have no anti virus software and my ZA tray icon has gone, so I can't check the key or tell you my exact version sorry, but i guess its the latest one
    Please can you help me?

Operating System:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Antivirus

<hr></blockquote>Try this to get the ZA Tray Icon Back..
    Your XP has control over the system tray icons - lower left - 'Start' - look for 'control panel' [or put in there- it's very useful] - 'Appearances and Themes' - 'Taskbar and Start Menu' - 'Taskbar' - &quot;Notification area&quot; - 'Customize...' - look for ZA in Current Items - Behavior - &quot;Always Show&quot; - OK - Apply . The effects are not immediate, you need to shut down for the night and the next time you start the pc, it should be there; (you can also repeat the command process a few times to make sure your pc, gets the message).
    This sometimes happens with the system taskbar losing it's setting, easy to fix.
    If the problem persists or the taskbar fix doesn't work, you may have to re-install ZA, as a last resort..
    You can always download the latest ZA Anti-Virus Here..
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Antivirus version 7.0.473.000<ul>[*]Compatibility improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed compatibility issue with public beta of ForceField[/list][*]Other improvements:<ul>[*]Various stability improvements.[/list][/list]

<a target="_blank"></a>ZoneAlarm Antivirus version 7.0.470.000<ul>[*]Usability improvements:<ul>[*]Fixed the issue where in some cases the client would lose settings, causing user to respond to alerts that otherwise would not appear[*]Prevent unnecessary error dialog to be displayed for non-Admin users[*]Client can now be started in safe mode (with networking only) for antivirus scan and removal[/list][*]Compatibility improvements:<ul>[*]Enable content filtering and privacy when ForceField is active[*]Fixed the Spy Doctor Gate to only gate for 5.0 and earlier[*]Free ZoneAlarm firewall and ZoneAlarm Pro can now co-exist with Kaspersky AV[/list][*]Various other stability and performance improvements[/list]
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951993706
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3985
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

rhi Guest

Default Re: ZA tray icon has disappeared following unsuccesful? upgrade of ZA Anti- virus

Hi
    Thanks so much for the reply and advice.
    I tried this first &quot;Your XP has control over the system tray icons - lower left - 'Start' - look for 'control panel' [or put in there- it's very useful] - 'Appearances and Themes' - 'Taskbar and Start Menu' - 'Taskbar' - &quot;Notification area&quot; - 'Customize...' - look for ZA in Current Items - Behavior - &quot;Always Show&quot; - OK - Apply &quot;but ZA was no where to be seen, not even in the old icons listed?!
    So I used your link and down loaded it again and fingers crossed everything is now fine again.
    Thanks again
    Rhi

prof_fate Guest

Thanks for the Good News..
    You can Un-Cross your Fingers now..

---------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 Configuration:
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:9952198439
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3995