Thread: Unable to install Zone Alarm Security Suite after upgrading to Windows Vista

richardpou Guest

Default Unable to install Zone Alarm Security Suite after upgrading to Windows Vista

Hello,
    Yesterday, I have installed Vista Home Premium on my computer. Every steps went very well except when came the time to install ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. I have downloaded the Vista version from CheckPoint Web Site. As I launch the installation I received the first 2 dialog boxes and then the following message appears in the next box:
    Validation fail for C:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dll
    After the above message is displayed the system freezes completely and I have to reboot. This situation is cumbersome and I don't understand the source of this message. I have been using ZoneAlarm as my Internet Security Suite for the past 2 years with Windows XP Family Edition. I'm a paying member and my subscription will end in 2 weeks. The technical support has been informed of the situation yesterday but it seems that I will not received an answer before early next week.
    In view of the above, I'm planning to subscribe with another supplier of Internet Security Suite if this problem is not solved quickly. Right now this situation is preventing me from having a protection on my computer.
    Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Unable to install Zone Alarm Security Suite after upgrading to Windows Vista

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>richardpou wrote:
    Hello,Yesterday, I have installed Vista Home Premium on my computer. Every steps went very well except when came the time to install ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite. I have downloaded the Vista version from CheckPoint Web Site. As I launch the installation I received the first 2 dialog boxes and then the following message appears in the next box:Validation fail for C:\Windows\system32\VSINIT.dllAfter the above message is displayed the system freezes completely and I have to reboot. This situation is cumbersome and I don't understand the source of this message. I have been using ZoneAlarm as my Internet Security Suite for the past 2 years with Windows XP Family Edition. I'm a paying member and my subscription will end in 2 weeks. The technical support has been informed of the situation yesterday but it seems that I will not received an answer before early next week.In view of the above, I'm planning to subscribe with another supplier of Internet Security Suite if this problem is not solved quickly. Right now this situation is preventing me from having a protection on my computer.Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..Please read the following Tip from the ZA Forum Helpful Hints and Links section.."Several things youSHOULD do Before you install MS Vista.. or ZA for Vista."http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162
    ---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952081742Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3995
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000

Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3995
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

richardpou Guest

Default Re: Unable to install Zone Alarm Security Suite after upgrading to Windows Vista

Thank you GeorgeV for responding to my message.
    However, the information provided is applicable to a system that was upgraded from Windows XP op rating system to Widows Vista. In my case it is a completly new installation of Windows Vista Home Premium. The mother board (ASUS P5E), the processor (Intel Core 2 Quad 6700, 2,66GHz) and the RAM (Kingston DDR2, 1066MHz, 2X2048 MB) were replace and the hard drive has been reformatted. So it is really a brand new installation.
    In view of the above, this is exactly why I don't understand the validation error message that is displayed shortly after the installation process begins. Nothing from the previous installation should interfer with the installation of ZA Security Suite for Vista. All other programs were successfully installed and they are working just fine.
    Thanks again for your help.

Here is another Forum Link dealing with Installing ZASS for Vista..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=77735Please post back with your progress report..---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:951993706
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3985
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------