Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZASS still causing CHKDSK slowdowns - when will the KAV 8 engine get implented into ZA?

slowdog Guest

Default ZASS still causing CHKDSK slowdowns - when will the KAV 8 engine get implented into ZA?

Hi All,

I am one user who is suffering horribly from the problems related to the, for lack of a better term, iSwift / KAV based chkdsk slowdown.

Before any of you naysayers come on and say there isn't a problem here...I am definitely experiencing the problem in the much discussed (and now locked) thread:

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=74182

I have removed ZASS, wiped my objectIDs....run for a few days with no problems, reinstall ZASS, run a scan and they all come back.

The net effect is my chkdsk routine stalls at 2% during stage 2 for over 19 minutes.

Now apparently, this problem is being resolved in KAV 8. When is ZA going to implement the new engine....I cannot live with this kind of a chkdsk slowdown

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: ZASS still causing CHKDSK slowdowns - when will the KAV 8 engine get implented into ZA?

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..I have no Idea when that will happen.. We are all users here in this ZA User forum.. No ZA Staff monitor this User forum..This Forum exist to allow other Users with more experience with ZA to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction..in your case that Direction may be to Contact ZA Tech Support at www.zonealarm.com/tsformor Customer Service at www.zonealarm.com/csform or Click on the Customer Service Icon at the bottom of this Message..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952244957Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.3995
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cska Guest

Default Re: ZASS still causing CHKDSK slowdowns - when will the KAV 8 engine get implented into ZA?

he??!
    I wander is it possible to have ZASS and KAV installed together??!! ZASS has AV engine and KAV is a Antivirus... so,does this combination work?! And if yes-why?

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>cska wrote:
    he??!
    I wander is it possible to have ZASS and KAV installed together??!! ZASS has AV engine and KAV is a Antivirus... so,does this combination work?! And if yes-why?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>NO.. the two KAV will Conflict with each other and will not Combine or merge together..<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952198439
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    GeorgeV

cska Guest

<blockquote><hr>GeorgeV wrote:

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.</blockquote>

I dont understand.
    exactly! with KAV and ZASS there are 2 Antivirus programms... so , in relation to the statement you wrote it should mean that this combination should not work ?!

That is what I said.. The Kaspersky Anti-Virus in ZASS and the External KAV from Kaspersky are not Compatible, they will Conflict with each other..The ONLY way to get KAV8 in ZASS is for Kaspersky to Allow ZoneLabs/Checkpoint to Replace the Existing KAV Anti-virus, with a compatible version that Checkpoint can Compile into Zass...This is a User Forum No Tech Support or checkpoint Employees monitor this Forum..You can present your KAV question Directly to ZoneAlarm Tech support as a Licensed user of ZASS to: www.zonealarm.com/tsformPlease post back here and tell us what Tech Support said on this matter..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952198439
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    GeorgeV

Hi!
    they use the same drivers... Klif.sys (core kernel driver) so they cannot co-exist.

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

slowdog Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you install ZASS and choose to NOT install the AV component? Then I would think you could run whatever AV you want while still using ZA?

However, you'd have to buy a license for your alternate AV program &amp; a license for ZA....so it's a more expensive choice.

It's all academic though...it looks like KAV 8.0 is still in the final stages of beta and is not in full release yet....

Hi!
    nope, you cannot install ZASS without the AV.
    You need to choose a different ZA without the AV (e.g. ZAPRO or ZAAS).

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

cska Guest

exactly, that I was what I suppoused.
    But if I have Kaspersky Internet Security (AV and AS) installed, is there NO way to install ZASS... for testing purpouses etc.??? By shutting Kaspersky dow for ex.? Will only uninstall of KAspersky help to install ZASS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information