Thread: How do I uninstalled all the components of Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite from Windows Vista?

cityhall Guest

Default How do I uninstalled all the components of Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite from Windows Vista?

I download the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite
    trial version from here: http://www.zonealarm.com/store/conte...GB&lang=en
    I have no idea that it is not compatible with Windows Vista. I didn't read carefully enough as I'm new in using
    Windows Vista. So, my problem is when I install this program, it doesn't installed properly. The installation process just frozen and it didn't move at all. Just freeze. Then, I'm not sure what to do so I switch off the power and restart my computer. When, it restarting the Windows couldn't open and have to use System Restore. So, when I'm successfully in, I've tried to uninstall this program from the Control Panel, in uninstall/change programs. But I couldn't locate any of this Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite program. This program is not installed in
    my computer but the components is still in my computer and I can't delete all of them because of improper installation process earlier. The Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite folder in my program files have been deleted manually. All the files and folders which is visible to me has been deleted by manually.
    After that, I'm not aware that there are leftover from the improper installation of this program. I download a free antivirus from AVG antivirus and try to install it in my computer. But it had detected another antivirus was installed in my computer. I didn't continue the installation of AVG antivirus. So, I'm having a big headache here because I'm not very good in handling computer.
    Please can someone help me to find the missing components and deleted them all so that I can install this AVG antivirus?
    I'll appreciate with all the helps that I can get. Thanks in advance. I really do need your helps!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: How do I uninstalled all the components of ZASS from Windows Vista?

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..1.) Windows Vista Basic has problems all by itself.. (Vista Home Premium is a much better version of Windows Vista..2.) There are different versions of ZoneAlarm Security Suite..ZoneAlarm Version 7.0.473.000 is ONLY for Windows XP/Win2000, ZoneAlarm 7.1.254.000 is ONLY for Vista.A quote from the Moderator:Hello,7.1 wil be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only; you can use with 64 bit CPU Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)should still be 32 bit }7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc . and do not Install 7.0 onto Vista..Forum Moderator <HR>Here is the Download Link for ZASS for Vista<P class=headredbig>ZoneAlarm
    Internet Security Suite for Vista Release History<P class=headblack2>The latest ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite release is 7.1.254.000.<P class=body><B class=headblack2>http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/me...ownloadnow.gif[/B] <P class=headblack2>Release History:<UL><LI><B class=headblack2>7.1 Branch[/B]

7.1.254.000 was released to the public on April 22, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.
    </LI>[/list]

HERE is the Instructions for Removing ZASS from Vista..

Probably the best is to have a full manual remove of ZASS and reinstall.

Please note that ZASS does not always play nice with many security tools. For example, ad-aware, spybotS&amp;D, spyware doctor, spysweeper. For sure it cannot be installed if you have still another antivirus software or firewall installed or active.

To troubleshoot ZASS issue is highly recommended to remove all the above and install back (if you really need to) after your ZASS works as it should. If you have not installed any of the above ensure that NO left overs are in the system (they can conflict).

First re-download the latest ZASS version here:
    http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html

Then : Remove your current ZASS from the control panel --&gt; uninstall a program

Then follow the steps below to ensure NO ZA left over are on your system before reinstalling
    The instruction are for XP, they are basically the same for VISTA (e.g. start --&gt; VISTA search box --&gt; and write the command)

01.) Restart your computer
    02.) When you see the screen go black and it starts booting back up keep
    tapping the "F8" key (at the top of your keyboard)
    03.) This should bring up a menu. Choose Safe Mode off the menu by
    using the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight Safe Mode and press
    Enter
    04.) If you get a message asking to go to Safe Mode, choose Yes. If you
    get a help and support window, close this.
    05.) Once you are at the desktop, Click Start, My Computer
    06.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab
    07.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders"
    08.) Remove the check from "Hide Protected Operating System Files
    (Recommended)"
    09.) Choose Yes to the warning
    10.) Click OK
    11.) Double click C:

Note: In the future steps if you do not see any files or folders, please click
    the "Show Files" link to view them.

12.) Double Click the Program Files Folder
    13.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs -
    &gt; ZoneAlarm folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as
    possible.

14.) Close this window
    15.) Click Start, My Computer
    16.) Double Click the C:
    17.) Double Click the Windows Folder (It may also be WinNT)
    18.) Right Click the Internet Logs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes
    19.) Double Click the System32 Folder
    20.) Right Click the Zone Labs Folder, click Delete, and choose Yes

NOTE: If you cannot delete the entire folder, please open the Zone Labs
    folder and delete out as many of the files listed here as possible.

21.) Locate and delete the following files in the System32 folder if they are
    present:

- vsconfig.xml
    - vsxml.dll
    - vsregexp.dll
    - vsdata.dll
    - vsdata95.vxd
    - vsdatant.sys
    - vsmonapi.dll
    - vspubapi.dll
    - vsinit.dll
    - vsutil.dll
    - vswmi.dll
    - zlcommdb.dll
    - zlcomm.dll
    - z llictbl.dat
    - zpeng24.dll

22.) Clear your Temp Directory per the instructions below.

- Go to Start -&gt; Run
    - Type %temp% and click OK
    - Select all of these files and delete them

23.) Clear the Prefetch folder per the instructions below.

- Go to Start -&gt; Run
    - Type Prefetch and click OK
    - Select all of these files and delete them

24.) Remove the following registry entries by going to Start -&gt; Run and
    typing in regedit. Use the folders on the left side of the window to navigate
    to the specified directories

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Zone Labs
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\vsmon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\vsdatant

*Important Advisory: Deleting registry entries incorrectly may cause
    serious problems to your operating system, which may necessitate the
    need to reinstall it. Please make sure you are able to perform these
    deletions correctly before you decide to edit the entries. If you are not
    sure, you should seek help from someone who is familiar with editing the
    registry.

For information about how to edit the registry in Windows, from your
    desktop, click Start &gt;&gt; Run &gt;&gt; and type regedit. Click on Help &gt;&gt; Help
    Topics. Under the Contents tab, click Change Keys and Values (this may
    be found under the How to... section).

Also, you should always make a backup of the registry before editing it.
    You can find this in the same section of the Help files.

25.) Close this window, then empty your recycle bin.
    26.) Restart the computer.
    27.) Now you can Re-install the Correct copy of ZASS for Vista 7.1.254.000..

---------------------------

Please post back with your progress report..

---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952343370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4015
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4015

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

cityhall Guest

Thanks so much for the removing instructions. I have use the System Restore Points back when I haven't installed any of the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite program. Will this helps in removing the ZA programs and everything in it including the registry?

Previously, I had a trial McAfree antivirus and I uninstalled it in the Control panel, uninstalled/change program. So, when I use the System Restore Points I'm back when the McAfree is still installed. The McAfree antivirus is still running but when I open it, it gives me a blank page. Then, i used the same method as I've done before to uninstall it again. Now, when I try to install the free AVG antivirus, it detected another antivirus program being installed into my computer and the I cancelled the installation process. So, is it the McAfree antivirus didn't uninstalled completely or the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite did not?

Thank you in advance.

1.) Yes, it will remove every trace of ZoneAlarm in the Registry..2.) If you have ever had McAfee or Norton on your computer before installing ZoneAlarm?Here is some more information about Conflict with them..1- Have you properly un-installed any previous firewall ?? = this needs to be done - please click here &gt; http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154{ Please use any appropriate special 'Removal Tool' to un-install previous software; as it does make a difference; even after using the normal 'add/remove'/ un-install procedures}. Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. <HR>2 - Did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA= and should not be used]for ZA install. Please 'temporarily' shut them off. <HR>3 - Please list other security software - ex. - anti-spyware: SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,Spybot Search &amp; Destroy,etc.= these should be 'temporarily' shut-off/ shut-downprior to installing ZA. (On rare occasions -"certain" security software may need to be un-installed first, before installing ZA ).Please list monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups, etc.<HR>4 - Did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download ZA? IE 6/ 7 is preferred for the ZA download/ install. With XP it is highly recommended to have XP SP2.--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952343370
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4015
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV

cityhall Guest

I had a trial McAfee antivirus installed in my computer before I install Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite. Now, I'm back to the time when the McAfee program is still installed in my computer after I used the System Restore Points. However, the McAfee didn't work as usual like when I've tried to open it, it gives me a blank page. It's still prompt me with alerts when my subscription is expired (the trial McAfee subscription is expired already). But when I try to open it or activate it, it left me a blank page. So, I went to the Control Panel to uninstall the McAfee program and it was uninstalled successfully.

Now, is this McAfee antivirus is my main problem? Does it do not uninstall completely? Do I have to use System Restore Points again, back to when the subscription date for McAfee has not yet expired? I can't install the AVG free antivirus because it had detected another antivirus program is still installed in my computer and advice me to uninstall it first. What can I do to solve these matters? Thanks again.

you should Clean out the Junk files, Recycle Bin and Cashe with the Free ccleaner.exe Program from the link below..http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...bar_d4191.htmlGet the New Zone Alarmfor Vista files here..ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html
    ZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ory_vista.html
    ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ory_vista.html
    ZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...ory_vista.htmlif you have any other Security programs Like NAV, or Norton Internet Security Suite, or any other AV or Firewall programs, you need to uninstall them.. to be on the safe side.. Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two Anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows add/remove software tool in the control panel.5.) if removing Any Symantec or Norton Programs.. ADD/Remove is not good enough, you must also go to Symantec Web site and download their "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe" to remove all traces of Symantec/Norton files that may conflict with the NEW ZA for Vista..This is just my 2 cents worth,If your having problem installing ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suite and have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus,when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to McAfee Removal Tool..http://www.majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Con...ool_d5420.htmlhttp://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...64&amp;lc=1033<H5>Affected Operating Systems: </H5><UL><LI>Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Home <LI>Microsoft Windows Vista </LI>[/list]

Then Post back with your progress reort..

---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:952401322
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4025
    AntiSpam version:5.0.0.8843
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200806.4025
    GeorgeV

cityhall Guest

I just download the McAfee removal tool from this website: http://www.majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Con...ool_d5420.html
    and I had removed all the McAfee products from my computer.
    But once more, the AVG free antivirus still detected another antivirus installed in my computer. Is it possible that the Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite still leaving some traces after I used the System Restore Points? What is causing this problem? Thanks again.

Hi!
    the simplest approach to be sure ZASS is not there is to install again ZASS for VISTA and then removed it using the /clean switch.

See here:
    http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...n_install.html

Cheers,
    Fax

Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time

Thread Information