Thread: ZAFree Installation Problems

theblackdeath Guest

Default ZAFree Installation Problems

Can someone give me a link to a WORKING Zone Alarm (free) because nothing on this website is working with my vista even if I do EVERYTHING you need to do for the download to work. It always stops at 10% at the file c\...\053108204643\windows6.0-kb929547-v2-x86.msu

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium

Default Re: ZAFree Installation Problems

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>TheBlackDeath wrote:
    Can someone give me a link to a WORKING Zone Alarm (free) because nothing on this website is working with my vista even if I do EVERYTHING you need to do for the download to work. It always stops at 10% at the file c\...\053108204643\windows6.0-kb929547-v2-x86.msu

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is just my 2 cents worth,If your having problem installing ZAFree, ZA Anti-Virus or ZA Security Suite and have ever uninstalleda previous installation of Norton Systemworks or Norton AntiVirus,when you use ADD/Remove to Remove any of Symantec Norton utilities, especially their Norton Anti-Virus program, they still leave lots of traces behind after the "UNINSTALL"Fortunately SYMANTEC has a Fix for this problem on the Symantec web site called "NORTON REMOVAL TOOL" that does a better job of REMOVING ALL traces of Norton Symantec files..here is the Link to the Symantec Norton Removal Tool..http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ent&amp;seg=hmHere is the Link to McAfee Removal Tool..http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocumen...64&amp;lc=1033<H5>Affected Operating Systems: </H5><UL><LI>Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Professional <LI>Microsoft Windows XP Home <LI>Microsoft Windows Vista </LI>[/list]------------------------------------------------------------Tips:1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154. Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. <HR>2 - did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA= should not be used]? during ZA install <HR>3 - please list other security software - ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,etc.= these should be shut-off/ shut-downprior to installing ZA; monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts <HR>4 - did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download? IE 6/ 7 is preferred. &lt;&lt;&lt; Better results, if you temporarily use IE 6/ 7 for downloading any ZoneAlarm firewall product.Also, the Copy of ZAFree for Vista 7.1.254.000 that you are trying to install may be corrupted..I would recommend Delete that Copy and download a fresh copy (Preferably with IE7) and do not use any download accelerator like GetRight)\from this link below..http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html
    Here is another Forum Link with Very good advice on installing ZA for Vista on a Vista computer..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...message.id=162Please post back with your progress report..

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

theblackdeath Guest

I feel like my questions are being avoided by the people who help you on this site by just looking at it probly not reading it, posting stuff that I have tried for weeks now, then moving on and doing the same thing over again to other people. My question was I wanted a different link to a Better zone alarm for Windows Vista and all you give me is the link NOT to go to? I thought this website
    was a good resource for info but I guess I was wrong. I want a good link for a simple Zone Alarm and better info on this site for me to be satisfied.

Message Edited by TheBlackDeath on 06-06-2008 09:36 PM

I feel like my questions are being avoided by the people who help you on this site by just looking at it probly not reading it, posting stuff that I have tried for weeks now, then moving on and doing the same thing over again to other people. My question was I wanted a different link to a Better zone alarm for Windows Vista and all you give me is the link NOT to go to? I thought this websitewas a good resource for info but I guess I was wrong. I want a good link for a simple Zone Alarm and better info on this site for me to be satisfied.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..

1.) based on the limited information you have provided.. We thought that your were having a problem Downloading the Current ZAFree Vista Version of Zone Alarm..

2.) If you have read thru the Forum Links provided in several of the Replies to you..

the Problem you have discribed are usually caused by a.) Not using Windows IE6 or IE7 to download the ZAFree Vista Installer, b.) Corrupting the Download by using a Download Manager like "GetRight or a Download Accellerator like one of the Add-Ons to FireFox.. c.) Playing Music or Games on your computer while downloading the ZA file.. or D.) running other security program on you computer that is conflicting with ZA or Blocking the ZA Install.. or E,.) you computer may be infected with a Virus or Trojan that may be blocking the install of ZA..

3.) http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.htmlis the Best Link to the ZoneAlarm Free Vista Version..

4.) " I want a good link for a simple Zone Alarm and better info on this site for me to be satisfied" The above link is all there is for Free, and as Basic as it gets for Vista..

5.) Remember your asking for the FREE version.. If you want More Features or Free Tech Support, you need to Buy one of the Paid Version..

GeorgeV

theblackdeath Guest

Thank you for the info but I got another question. I tried to download the free ZA again but this time I had the Vista SP1 installed and when I tried to install it again I get the message &quot;This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues&quot; and I was wondering how can I obtain a compatible version of the drivers
    prior to installing ZA?

theblackdeath Guest

I know none of the Guru people responded to my question but I was finally able to download a zone alarm and the only one I was able to download is the ZASS so thank you for all your help George:8}.

I know none of the Guru people responded to my question but I was finally able to download a zone alarm and the only one I was able to download is the ZASS so thank you for all your help George:8}.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Your welcome..Thank you for the Feedback..
    GeorgeV

Thread Information