Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation fails on Acer AM5640

Default Re: Installation fails on Acer AM5640/PSDProtect.dll_unloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>prestons wrote:
    Hi ealdric!

Did you ever get your Acer with Vista to play nicely with ZASS? (I have not been able to do so

Thanks

ps
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can Contect ZA Tech Support for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsformIwhen asked for your License Key, I would recomend "Cut and paste" so that the correct spelling of the key gets used..There is a Coding problem with the Submit Button on the Tech Support Page, that seems to work for users of IE6 &amp; IE7, but not for Firefox users..1.) I recomend trying again with IE6 or IE7, and when you Click the "Submit" Button, your should Receive an Auto-Generated Confirmation Email with your case number, usually within 15 minutes, and a reply from Tech support ASAP..2.) If you do not receive a Confirmation Email,a.) the Tech Support will never see your Help Request, as the Submit Button sends both the confirmation Email and your Report to Tech support at the same time..b.) in some instances, the Confirmation Email was sent to you OK, but, may have been tossed into your Junk-mail / Spam Filter folderc.) in a few cases TimeWarner and some other Internet providers in certain areas of the Country have been known to Block or Bounce Email from zonelabs.com or checkpoint.comto test for this, try resubmiting your request using an Alternat Email address from Hotmail.com or Gmail.com, yahoo.com you should then receive a confirmation Email, if the problem lies with your ISP Spam Blocking software..Please post back with your progress report to this Forum..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000

TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:954383524
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4195
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

ketilgd Guest

Default FOUND FIX : "Re: Installation fails on Acer AM5640/PSDProtect.dll_unloaded"

Hi, my brother recently bought a new Acer Aspire 5930. And when installing Zonealarm also got this problem.
    After trying lots of different ways to bypass the problem, I finally found out what was causing the problem (with some help from another acer user who got a similar problem installing/using a different program.

The PSDProtect.dll belongs to &quot;Acer eDataSecurity Management&quot;, one part of the &quot;Acer Empowering Technology&quot; program group.

Uninstalling this program (&quot;Acer eDataSecurity Management&quot; ) before installing Zonealarm makes the problem go away completely

Hope this helps. (And isn't too late)

Kind Regards
    Ketil

Message Edited by ketilgd on 08-18-2008 12:01 AM

burkeman Guest

Default Re: FOUND FIX : "Re: Installation fails on Acer AM5640/PSDProtect.dll_unloaded"

Hi,

I had the same problem and used your fix, thank you. It seemed to resolve the problem but.... Every time the computer boots up, it thinks it's the first time Zone Alarm has been installed and wants to go through the set up and reboot all over again.

Any further fixes or tips? This is in relation to Zone Alarm Security Suite on an Acer TravelMate 7730 with Vista Home.

Thanks in anticipation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information