Thread: ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll

pachus Guest

Default ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll

When I tried to do a clean install of zone alarm security suite it gives an error "ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll". Afterwhich, a message appears ordinal "True Vector Service has encountered a problem and needs to close".
    When I close that out the "error vsmon.exe - ordinal not found" appears with that same message "ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll".
    Close that out and ordinal "703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll",
    afterwhich, the true vector shows up again. then after that is closed it starts to run installation and then freezes.
    HELP!

Default Re: ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>pachus wrote:
    When I tried to do a clean install of zone alarm security suite it gives an error "ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll". Afterwhich, a message appears ordinal "True Vector Service has encountered a problem and needs to close".When I close that out the "error vsmon.exe - ordinal not found" appears with that same message "ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll".Close that out and ordinal "703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll", afterwhich, the true vector shows up again. then after that is closed it starts to run installation and then freezes.HELP!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    1.) If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor.2.) Please Right Click on the ZA Tray icon on the Lower Right and Click the "About" Option this will pop up a windows with all the Info about your Version Of ZA including the complete Version Number.. Click the "Copy to Clipboard" and Paste that information Here in the Forum by pressing the "CTRL-V" key.. -so that we have some idea of what version and Flavor of ZoneAlarm you are using and what version of TrueVector you are having a problem with..----------------------------------------------------3.) Please don't Jump to the Wrong conclusion if your Upgrade fails..http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=77245There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction..The simplest procedure is to:4.)Download the ZA 7.0.473installerpreferably with IE7 and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right) (Click the Red Download Now Button)ZAFree http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...seHistory.htmlZAP http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html ZAAV http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZAAS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.htmlZASS http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html5.)On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under Overview --&gt; Preferences tab)6.)Reboot the Computer. So that vsmon.exe/TrueVector will be removed from Memory7.)Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not Internet Zone..Here is a List of the Most common User problems..a.) The first thing a Hacker, Trojan or Virus tries to do if they infect your computer or gain access to your Computer, thru an Email Attachment or pop-up on a Website or user over-ridding the Security alerts by the firewall, is to shutdown, any Firewall, AV/AS.. That is why some users have problems updating ZoneAlarm or any other security program..vsmon.exe/TrueVector is the first thing that loads when your computer starts to boot up, the ZA tray Icon is just a Icon that loads later in the Boot-up process..and TrueVector /vsmon.exe is the last thing to shutdown when your computer shuts down to insure that your computer is always protected..That is why " if Load ZoneAlarm on startup in not Un-checked" and computer Rebooted, Truevector will stay in Memory and will not be removed during Install or Upgrade, in fact the install may fail because Truevector in an attempt to protect your computer will think that the New Install attempt to install a new version of Truevector may be a Hacker Attempting to shut down Truevector..That is why it is very Important to use the Un-Check "Start ZA on Startup" method so that a New Upgrade Copy of TrueVector/vsmon.exe can be installed..b.) some Computer Users thinkhttp://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...2/th_1what.gif that if one Firewall and anti-Virus is good, two or three different ones running at the same time must be better? http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o.../th_1mad-1.gif

8.)- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=154. Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZoneAlarm firewall product. <HR>

Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software Firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP add/remove software tool in the control panel. 9.) NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..---------------------Please post back with your progress Report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953178370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

pachus Guest

Default Re: ordinal 703 could not be located in dynamic link library ssleay32.dll

Okay, I had ZA Suite 70.470.000 installed on my computer. I went to do an uninstall so that I could re-install it again. I was having problems with it not wanting to start scheduled scans. Now, when I try to re-install the same version again, those errors appear. The top of the error says that vsmon.exe not found and in the box the other message I refered to appears. Then true vector says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. Once the installer starts to run it freezes.
    My OS is Windows XP Pro..SP2. There were no other firewalls, anti-virus or anti-spyware on the computer.
    The problem is that there is no longer zone alarm showing on the program lists, the zone alarm folder is deleted in Programs Folder and Windows System32 Folder, along with the Internet Logs.
    I downloaded the file with IE7 from History Release site where you have the other versions listed.

pachus Guest

One more item I did not mention...at the time that the installer freezes, an Installing Screen is showing with a message &quot;Copying File

C:\WINDOWS\system\vswmi.dll&quot;. The scale reads 11%.
    That's all I get and it stops responding. This is after all that I mentioned before has occured.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>pachus wrote:
    One more item I did not mention...at the time that the installer freezes, an Installing Screen is showing with a message "Copying File C:\WINDOWS\system\vswmi.dll". The scale reads 11%.That's all I get and it stops responding. This is after all that I mentioned before has occured.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Feedback..It sounds like the copy of ZA that you are trying to Re-install may be corrupted.. you may want to try to re-download the ZASS 7.0.473.000 installer without using any download managers from this link.....7.0.473.000 was released to the public on April 22, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.
    or this link.. http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...seHistory.html

Then remove these folders from your system:

"Internet Logs" (windows directory)
    "Zone Labs" (under your Program Files folder)
    "Zonelabs" (under your Windows System32 folder)

If you are not able to remove them, the boot intoSAFE MODE and delete from the SAFE MODE.

NOW Try to install ZASS again and shutdown any security tools you are running before installing ZASSand accept the Default Settings. and turn on Anti-Virus Mode, and Auto-Learn modealso Choose the Trusted Zone and Not the Internet Zone..Then Reboot your Computer and Check Program control/Program tab for the following settings..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..To get out of the ZA Menu Display Look at the TOP far Right corner there is a Small X, click on that X to turn OFF the ZA Menu..and you all set to Go..One more thing why I got your attention..On the ZA Menu near the Bottom Left..is the Privacy Option that controls The "Site List" of places that you have visited with MS IE..If you have a problem accessing a Web Site, it may be because the Listing for that web Site is Listed in thePrivacy (Site List) and is trying to protect you from yourself..If you need to gain more Access to that Web Site this is one place were you Look..Click on the Privacy Tab, then Click on Site-list, then look down the list for the Web-site name,Right Click on the web-site name or address and click on "Options" a new window opens with three columns, Cookies, Ad-Blocking and Mobile Codes.. click on Reset to Default and click on Apply for each of the three columns, then clock OK..Please post back with your progress report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000

TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953316490
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security