Thread: Error installing zapSetup_70_470_000 update (win2k)- Error dialog JPG included

bvaleriani Guest

Default Error installing zapSetup_70_470_000 update (win2k)- Error dialog JPG included

The following dialog appears during the update - never seen it before for any of the other ZA updates... any ideas would be appreciated.

Link to image of error dialog:
    http://www.bluebearsound.com/misc/Zo...70_470_000.jpg

Operating System:
    Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Pro

Message Edited by BValeriani on 06-17-2008 04:27 PM

bvaleriani Guest

Default Re: Error installing zapSetup_70_470_000 update (win2k)- Error dialog JPG included

A little help - a hint even? My ZA is heavily configured, so I'd rather not lose all its settings by doing a re-install........ especially since it's not my installed version that's failing, but rather the running of the update file.

Default Re: Error installing zapSetup_70_470_000 update (win2k)- Error dialog JPG included

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>BValeriani wrote:
    A little help - a hint even? My ZA is heavily configured, so I'd rather not lose all its settings by doing a re-install........ especially since it's not my installed version that's failing, but rather the running of the update file.Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It is Sometimes very Difficult to Diagnose and fix a Computer from halfway across the Country,
    without All the Details,without the ability to sit in front of your Computer monitor and see what's going on..
    If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    there are several very knowledgeable Volunteer Participants willing to help you try solving your problem with Zone Alarm..This is a USER Forum, not ZA Tech Support.. as a ZA Pro User you may contact Tech support Directly for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (preferably with IE7)Please provide as much detail and error messages etc. that you see on your ComputerMonitor. and include what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed...1.) based on the Minimal information you provided and the graphic of the Error message you get when tring to install ZAP 7.0.470.000 2.)also be aware that ZAP 7.0was designed to work on Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, or Windows XP/XPPro with Service Pack 2..Here is what I recomend that you carefully follow the instruction from the following ZA Customer Care Web-Page.2.) http://www2.nohold.net/noHoldCust542...on_failed.html<P class=headredbig>ZoneAlarm Customer Care<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">This Information Applies to:
    All ZoneAlarm Products<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">Summary:
    You are getting a validation failed message with vsinit.dll<o></o><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">Follow all the 4 Steps Carefully..<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt"><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">Please post back with your progress report..<P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt"><P style="LINE-HEIGHT: 11pt">--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953178370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

bvaleriani Guest

I solved the problem - without re-installing either my OS, or ZA.....

I had downloaded the update file using FireFox.... having looked over reports of similar problems on this forum, I downloaded the update file using IE instead. The IE-downloaded file runs perfectly. The Firefox-downloaded file produces the error dialog I mentioned and fails...

Yikes....

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>BValeriani wrote:
    I solved the problem - without re-installing either my OS, or ZA.....

I had downloaded the update file using FireFox.... having looked over reports of similar problems on this forum, I downloaded the update file using IE instead. The IE-downloaded file runs perfectly. The Firefox-downloaded file produces the error dialog I mentioned and fails...

Yikes....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thank you for your Excelent Feedback.. that may help other Users with your type of problem..Thanks..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:7.0.473.000
    TrueVector version:7.0.473.000
    Driver version:7.0.473.000
    Anti-virus engine version:3
    Anti-virus SDK version:5.0.1.85
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953178370
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.189.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200805.4105
    AntiSpam version:5.0.6.8903

Message Edited by GeorgeV on 06-20-2008 08:42 AM
    GeorgeV