Thread: Hello, I have purchased the zonealarm security suite. Whe...

jjchang Guest

Default Hello, I have purchased the zonealarm security suite. Whe...

Hello, I have purchased the zonealarm security suite. When I try to download and install it gives me an error message indicating the .exe file is invalid. When I try to just download it says the folder is invalid. Could someone please help. I have Vista Home Preimum edition. Thank you.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Hello, I have purchased the zonealarm security suite. Whe...

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>jjchang wrote:
    Hello, I have purchased the zonealarm security suite. When I try to download and install it gives me an error message indicating the .exe file is invalid. When I try to just download it says the folder is invalid. Could someone please help. I have Vista Home Preimum edition. Thank you.

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o...h_1welcome.gif to the Zone Alarm User Forum..
    "Did it mentions that it is not a valid Win32 application and will not install" ??"Not a Win32 application", is a Windows Error Message telling you that the ZA file that you Downloaded is either Incomplete or Corrupted durring the download..1.) you need to Delete that File and clean out yout Temp Folder and Recycle Trash Bin..a good Free Program to clean up the Junk and Trash on your computer is ccleaner.exe from http://www.majorgeeks.com/CCleaner_S...bar_d4191.html2.) 7.1 will be exclusive to Vista only. {32 bit Vista OS - only; you can use with 64 bit Memory Processors (AMD 64 bit, etc.) , but the Vista OS (OperatingSystem)should still be 32 bit } 7.0 (XP/2000) . = This is applies to all current XP/2000 subscribers. Do not attempt to install 7.1 on your XP/2000 pc . or ZA 7.0 onto Vista<HR>

You can download the update from our website in the Release History section. at this Link.. (Please use Internet Explorer 7) and shut down any un-nessicary programs like Playing Music or playing Games or Surfing the Internet durring the Download) and do not using any Download Accellerator like GetRight or liveWire, as this may Corrupt your download..

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fre...ory_vista.html<UL><LI><HR>Tips:</LI>[/list]1- have you properly un-installed any previous firewall and/or anti-virus?? = this needs to be done - http://forums.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/...message.id=162. Most new pc/laptops come with pre-installed security software, which should be properly un-installed prior to installing any ZA firewall product. <HR>2 - did you use any download managers or web accelerators( often used with dial-up) = [these conflict with ZA= should not be used]? during ZA install <HR>3 - please list other security software - ex. - anti-spyware: Spysweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, SpyCatcher, Windows Defender,etc.= these should be shut-off/ shut-downprior to installing ZA; monitoring/performance software - system mechanics, norton utilties/ backups/ ghosts <HR>4 - did you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6/ 7 or Firefox or others to download? IE 6/ 7 is preferred. &lt;&lt;&lt; Better results, if you temporarily use IE 6/ 7 for downloading any ZoneAlarm firewall product.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two software firewalls at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vista add/remove software tool in the control panel.<HR>Just One, Not Two -- Never use two anti-virus products at the same time. Completely uninstall one before installing another. Use the vendor's uninstall utility or if not available, use the Windows XP or Vistaadd/remove software tool in the control panel. <HR>

5.) When Installing ZA Security Suite 7.1.254.000 for Vista, accept all the default mode settings, allow Auto-Learn mode, Anti-virus and Choose the Trusted Zone and Not the Internet Zone..

6.) Reboot your computer and check ZA Program Control/ Program Tab.. for the following settings..NOTE: Make sure all of the following Programs have Trusted and Internet access (2 Green Check Marks):a.) All Microsoft and Windows Programs have Green Check marks for Trusted and Internet Access..b.) Generic Host Process for win32 Services (svchost.exe) also allow Trusted Server Rights (no Internet Server Rights)c.) IE Crash Detectiond.) Internet Explorer or FireFoxe.) Malicious Software Removal Toolf.) True Vector Service (If it is listed)g.) Zone Alarm Clienth.) Zone Alarm Updating Clienti.) Your Email Client needs Trusted, Internet accessand Send Mail all need Green check Marks..To get out of the ZA Menu Display Look at the TOP far Right corner there is a Small X, click on that X to turn OFF the ZA Menu..and you all set to Go..One more thing why I got your attention..On the ZA Menu near the Bottom Left..is the Privacy Option that controls The "Site List" of places that you have visited with MS IE..If you have a problem accessing a Web Site, it may be because the Listing for that web Site is Listed in thePrivacy (Site List) and is trying to protect you from yourself..If you need to gain more Access to that Web Site this is one place were you Look..Click on the Privacy Tab, then Click on Site-list, then look down the list for the Web-site name,Right Click on the web-site name or address and click on "Options" a new window opens with three columns, Cookies, Ad-Blocking and Mobile Codes.. click on Reset to Default and click on Apply for each of the three columns, then clock OK..

Goor Luck.. Please post back with your progress report..

---------------------------------------
    My Vista Configuration:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...4990GV_sig.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version:7.4.003.000 (Beta)
    TrueVector version:7.4.003.000
    Driver version:7.4.003.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:953379715
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200804.3745
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Second Computer Vista Home Premium SP1
    ZoneAlarm Pro version:7.1.254.000
    TrueVector version:7.1.254.000
    Driver version:7.1.254.000