Thread: UNABLE TO install FREE ZA

rxjeff Guest

Default UNABLE TO install FREE ZA

I've read through several stickies and postings on this board and looks like alot of people are in the same boat as I am.
    I am unable to install the newest free ZA.
    I was able to download zaSetup_en.exe.. but as soon as I'm in the process of installation on my XP Pro on BOTH my Desktop PC (which had the same problem as everyone else after latest MS update) and my laptop which I re-formatted and has virgin stuff on it.
    Both my laptop and Desktop is showing the following message: "Setup was unable to find the msi package or patch 'http://redirect.zonelabs.com/redirect/route?mode=1&app=inclient&date=1&dest= stub&oem=1025&prod=0&lang=en&link_ id=1"
    Keep in mind that I've just newly formatted my laptop with XP Pro.
    I did not perform *any* MS update patches yet so you can't blame it on the latest update patch.
    Since alot of people are getting the same error message on these boards AND that I'm trying to install on a freshly installed XP without any MS updates or any other programs installed yet, I am going to conclude that this is a CheckPoint/Zone Alarm installation problem.
    Please look into this as it is aggravating to see that ZA is not checking to see if it is its own site problem and blaming it on the latest update without first checking!

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:7.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

retiredman Guest

Default Re: UNABLE TO install FREE ZA

I've got the new download for the free use version that fixes the MS software fix KB951748 but when I try to install it, I get an error box that says I have to be at Administrator level to which I am! Checked properties of the downloaded file and changed the security to allow all permissions to all users, admins etc to this object only. And still I get the error stating I need to run the install as administrator, to which I've tried without success.
    Anybody get it to work yet?

Charlie Eng

retiredman Guest

Default Re: UNABLE TO install FREE ZA-zlsSetup_70_483_000_en.exe

Include the download version of the fixed Zonealarm that supposed to work with the MS patches that was release by Bill Gates' staff on 7/8/2008.

Thread Information