I've been running ZoneAlarm as long as I can remember, but have now hit my second major issue and am getting very frustrated so hoping someone can help.
I was previously running 65.737.000 (because of
the last major issue where the early versions of 7 clashed with Kaspersky).
Won't
go into
all the details, but after a day
or so of trying all sorts of things to recover my system after the Microsoft update, I finally realised it was Zonealarm and came here for the update.
The problem is the latest version hangs at the point it says it is installing zlquarantine.dll and the installer uses up all the CPU.
Killing the install leaves it in a half installed state.
There is a Remove entry included in the Add/Remove programs applet in Control Panel - DO NOT RUN THIS - I've now done this a number of times and
then returned to a System Restore point to recover.
Without fail running it removes entries in the registry that leaves Add/Remove programs with no Remove buttons for other programs.
I've followed the manual instructions to remove Zonealarm, and done this from Safe Mode.
After this I can get 65.737.000 back, but any attempt to install the latest version fails at the same point.
After spending many many hours on this I've run out of ideas.
All I can think of is compatibility with Kaspersky AV still, but the release notes say that is resolved.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version:7.0
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)