Dear ZoneAlarm Forum Users and Mods,
Here are my tips which worked for me:
- Boot your computer as normal
- Do not uninstall the Mirco$oft update causing the problem
- Shut down Zonealarm by right-clicking the ZA icon at the bottom-right hand corner and selecting 'Shut-down ZA'
- Download the latest 7.0.483.000 update directly from the ZA website!!!
- Double-click and run the install
- Reboot and voila!
Initially I tried to install it without shutting down ZA (which has ALWAYS worked flawlessly for me in the past) however I received a message that the True Vector Service process could not be stopped.
Shutting down ZA manually seemed to fix this problem.
End result: My system is now functioning with full internet access and no other visible problems.
I hope this helps some other people out there.
Message Edited by ZA_Avastfan on 07-12-2008 03:43 AM