Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows slow shut down

grumpyoldman Guest

Default windows slow shut down

Hello,

I need a bit of advice please, yesterday I renewed my subscription.

I was using version 7, but instead of just extending my subscription, ZA decided to upgrade me to version 8.0.015.000.

Directly after loading this version I found windows takes much longer to shut down.

It used to take about a minute at a guess, but now takes about 3 and it seems to hang on saving your settings for most of the time.

Is this known to be a problem with version 8 or have I got to look elsewhere for the cause?

If its normal, it's not a problem to live with, but It would be reassuring to know nothing more serious is going on.

Sorry if it s been covered already, I tried a few searches but didn t get far.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:8.0
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

youngjm Guest

Default Re: windows slow shut down

<blockquote><hr>grumpyoldman wrote:

Hello,

I need a bit of advice please, yesterday I renewed my subscription.

I was using version 7, but instead of just extending my subscription, ZA decided to upgrade me to version 8.0.015.000.

Directly after loading this version I found windows takes much longer to shut down.

It used to take about a minute at a guess, but now takes about 3 and it seems to hang on saving your settings for most of the time.

Is this known to be a problem with version 8 or have I got to look elsewhere for the cause?

If its normal, it's not a problem to live with, but It would be reassuring to know nothing more serious is going on.

Sorry if it s been covered already, I tried a few searches but didn t get far.

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

<hr></blockquote>

Look under the general forum. Myself and others have also noticed this problem with 8.0.

rainbows Guest

My Windows XP takes a very long time to shut and has been for quite a while. I suspect it has something to do with how much has been changed between the last registry save. I've learned to just walk away and come back later to make sure the monitor and power shut down rather than getting frustrated.

grumpyoldman Guest

Hi youngjm and Rainbows,

Thanks for the quick replies, nice to know I m not alone in having problems.

I normally leave upgrades until they have ironed out the bugs but got caught out with this one loading automatically with the renewal.
    By the way wouldn t it be nice if they warned you that they are going to turn off your security system while you are on line as they install so you could choose to disconnect and load off line in safety!

Perhaps someone will be able to suggest a solution, will keep an eye on the forum to see, hopefully after a couple of weeks ZA will sort out a fix in the updates.

Regards,

Grumpyoldman.

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>grumpyoldman wrote:

Hi youngjm and Rainbows,

Thanks for the quick replies, nice to know I m not alone in having problems.

I normally leave upgrades until they have ironed out the bugs but got caught out with this one loading automatically with the renewal. By the way wouldn t it be nice if they warned you that they are going to turn off your security system while you are on line as they install so you could choose to disconnect and load off line in safety!

Perhaps someone will be able to suggest a solution, will keep an eye on the forum to see, hopefully after a couple of weeks ZA will sort out a fix in the updates.

Regards,

Grumpyoldman.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please don't Jump to the Wrong conclusion..There are Over 60 Million Users of ZoneAlarm world Wide.. and Very Few People ever log onto a Support Forum to say how Great the Program is, This Forum exist to help the Few Users who encounter a problem and need to be guided in the right direction..The simplest procedure that worked for me on three of my Computers is to:1.Download the ZA8.0.015.000installer: www.zonealarm.com\zaasdownload\(preferably with IE7 and no Download Manager/accelerator like Get-Right)2. On your current ZA, UNcheck "Load ZA... at startup" (under overview --&gt; preferences tab)3. Reboot the system4. Install the new update (clean or upgrade) and Accept the default Setting, Auto-Learn Mode and Choose Trusted Zone, not the Internet Zone..
    --------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    ZoneAlarm Security Suite version:8.0.015.000
    TrueVector version:8.0.015.000
    Driver version:8.0.015.000
    Anti-virus engine version:6.0.2.678
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958233226
    Anti-spyware engine version:5.0.202.0
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4505
    AntiSpam version:5.0.61.9957
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

psthomas Guest

I also am experiencing the very slow shutdown since I updated a couple of days ago. Used to take around 30 seconds with ZASS 7.0.483. Now it takes 4-5 minutes with latest version.
    Anti-virus signature DAT file version:958207185
    Anti-spyware signature DAT file version:01.200808.4495

Dell Dimension 4700
    XP Home Edition SP2

eliuri Guest

Hi:

Same here.

Would it help to do a complete uninstall of ZAISS 8.0 and then reinstall it?

-Eliuri

Windows XP professional Edition

ZAISS 8.0.015.000

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR>eliuri wrote:
    Hi:

Same here.

Would it help to do a complete uninstall of ZAISS 8.0 and then reinstall it?

-Eliuri

Windows XP professional Edition

ZAISS 8.0.015.000
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Here are two Solutions that may help..1.) http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=519052.) http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=47717--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    GeorgeV

Monday-Saturday__ 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

eliuri Guest

Hi again:

I did a clean uninstall of ZAISS 8.0 and then reinstalled 8.0 again. So any corruption of the Database should no longer have been an issue. The shutdown time continued to be painfully long.

I resolved it by doing a complete uninstall of the ZAISS 8.0 yet again. But this time I reinstalled the earlier version 7.0.483.000 which was working fine before. I didnt bother restoring the backed up Security Settings. So I'm starting from scratch in &quot;Auto-Learn&quot; , though I would have preferred not to go through that again..

The Shutdown time now is back to a few seconds.

I'm wondering if SP3 might have something to do with the problem in ZAISS 8.0 as ZA tends to block some of the changes SP3 tried to make especially to ZA itself..I remember noting that several months ago when I installed SP3.

Anyhow, I'll wait till ZAISS is further upgraded or corrected. I did like the new user interface. But the shutdown was unbearable.

Thanks.

Eliuri

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3

Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 7.0.483.000

Message Edited by eliuri on 08-30-2008 09:48 PM

Your Experience and the Details of your problem with ZASS 8.0 would be helpful to ZoneAlarm Tech Support..You can Contact them Directly for Free at www.zonealarm.com/tsform (Preferably with IE7 Browser)If you would Describe your Computer Setup/OS and Version of Zone Alarm that you are having a problem with
    and what difficulty you are having, and what Previous Version of ZA and Norton, McAfee or other Security programs that you have installed,
    The More Detailed your Report, the more information Tech Support has to formulate a Solution to your problem, When you click on the "SUBMIT" button, you should receive an auto-generated confirmation Email with your Case Number.. and a responce from Tech Support ASAP..Good Luck..Please post back here with your progress Report..--------------------------------------------------------
    My XP SP3 :
    GeorgeV