Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

pamj Guest

Default Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

I am trying to install ZASS on a Vista SP1 laptop and it fails every time!
    This had an evaluation copy of Norton running which I removed, then ran the Norton Removal Tool and CCleaner as per advice found on this forum.
    I have also turned off everything I can find while running the install but the same thing happens each time, as below:-
    Install reaches 100%Configuring Zone Alarm window presented, followed by Registration Survey windowAt the same time up pops a Microsoft Windows message entitled "Zone Alarm Client has stopped working" with a message of:-"A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available" with the only option to click on the Close Program button.The ZASS install process then displays the Instal complete, do you want to start ZASS window.Click on OK, Starting TrueVector Monitor window is displayed, and back comes the MS window above.
    ZASS appears to be installed but get same problem if try to run it from Programs listing.
    I have to de-install it immediately and click on the Cancel, not restart option at the end of this process, and then Shut Down manually, or the machine hangs on restart.
    If I don't remove the installation then the machine is very very slow, and ZASS doesn't load.
    I have successfully installed ZASS on a Vista desktop machine without any problem at all, the only obvious difference between the two is that the laptop had run the eval copy of Norton for a
    couple of weeks.
    Please can somebody help!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
    Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

When downloading the ZA installer, do not use web accelerators or download managers and use the IE browser.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pamj Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

Hi OldsodSorry to sound dumb, but don't totally understand what you're saying as I didn't see any options apart from the download link on the Zone Alarm website which I accessed through my IE 7 browser window.
    I don't even know what a web accelerator is so don't think
    This was an installation of ZASS on a new machine.
    The purchase option downloads a small file (zasuiteSetup_en.exe, filesize
    206kb) which I saved to the hard disk. When you run it you then get you an option to either 'Download and Install' or 'Download only for future installation'.As the problem hit when I tried the Download and Install option (which worked perfectly for my desktop machine
    a few days ago) I used the Download only option to get the full installation exe.
    Then I ran that from the desktop.
    It didn't make any difference!
    Since posting I've tried more options - including turning off Windows Firewall, even using the file zaSuiteSetup_70_483_000_en.exe that I downloaded on another machine to do the urgent update - but get the same result every time.
    Really getting desparate!
    Hope you have some other suggestions I can try.Cheers, Pam

Downloading seems okay then.
    Try cleaning all files out of the Temp folders in the Documents and Settings and in the Temp folder of WINDOWS. Then run the windows disk clean utility.
    Maybe some old file is in the way of the new installation.
    Then start in the safe mode and install the ZA. In other words, do not install in the normal mode.

Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pamj Guest

Thanks for your response!
    I was so hopeful that this would work .... but it didn't
    I did everything you said, checked for contents of any Temp folder and deleted them, ran the Windows Disk Cleaner utility - and opted to delete virtually everything (only left MSOffice install files).Exactly the same result, the Zone Alarm has stopped working message displayed!
    Any other ideas?
    Pam

pamj Guest

An update. I have contacted Live Support and they gave me a link to download a new installation file - zaSuiteSetup_71_254_000_en.exeGuess what! Same result.I have now had to email all this information to Technical Support and have to wait for a response from them!I have been a strong supporter of Zone Alarm for a long time, but am seriously considering - although I hate to say this - getting an alternative Security Suite, probably Norton although I hate to have to do it - but at the moment this machine cannot be used because it has no protection!

I think Technical Support should have an answer.
    Best regards and hope we meet again.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

ketilgd Guest

Default Fix:Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

Hi I just posted a fix to the Acer+Vista Zonealarm problem at this topic:

http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs...ssage.id=79904

I hope it works for you as well.

Kind Regards
    Ketil

Default Re: Fix:Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

Thank you ketilgd.
    Oldsod.
    Best regards.
    oldsod

pamj Guest

Default Re: Fix:Zone Alarm Client has stopped working message when trying to install ZASS on Vista Machine

Hi KetilThanks for this but it was too late for me, although I hope it helps other people who buy an Acer laptop and want to use ZASS!Having rebuilt the new laptop twice in two weeks to try and solve the problem, it was replaced by the supplier with a completely new one, and of course I got the same problem all over again!
    Both ZoneAlarm and Acer support could only suggest that I did a rebuild, although one of the ZASS team did say he thought he remembered a problem with Acer.My "in desparation" solution was to install a different Security Suite on this particular machine!What I still don't understand is why ZASS couldn't be installed in Safe Mode, as surely the "Acer eDateSecurity Management" dll wouldn't have loaded up then.Thanks for trying, and I'm pleased that you managed to solve the problem for your brother :8}Best wishesPam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information