I am trying to install ZASS on a Vista SP1 laptop and it fails every time!
This had an evaluation copy of Norton running which I removed, then ran the Norton Removal Tool and CCleaner as per advice found on this forum.
I have also turned off everything I can find while running the install but the same thing happens each time, as below:-
Install reaches 100%Configuring Zone Alarm window presented, followed by Registration Survey windowAt the same time up pops a Microsoft Windows message entitled "Zone Alarm Client has stopped working" with a message of:-"A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available" with the only option to click on the Close Program button.The ZASS install process then displays the Instal complete, do you want to start ZASS window.Click on OK, Starting TrueVector Monitor window is displayed, and back comes the MS window above.
ZASS appears to be installed but get same problem if try to run it from Programs listing.
I have to de-install it immediately and click on the Cancel, not restart option at the end of this process, and then Shut Down manually, or the machine hangs on restart.
If I don't remove the installation then the machine is very very slow, and ZASS doesn't load.
I have successfully installed ZASS on a Vista desktop machine without any problem at all, the only obvious difference between the two is that the laptop had run the eval copy of Norton for a
couple of weeks.
Please can somebody help!

Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Software Version:7.1 (Vista)
Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite