Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Has Gotten Ridiculously Sluggish Since Latest Update - Please Help.

insomniac Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Suite Has Gotten Ridiculously Sluggish Since Latest Update - Please Help.

I downloaded and performed a clean install of the latest ZoneAlarm Security Suite update that addresses the internet access problem caused by a recent Microsoft patch.

Right after installing this update, my ZoneAlarm has become ridiculously sluggish. It doesn't seem to slow the rest of the system down. All other applications (and Windows) function as normal.
    But when I try to open the Security Center, it takes 15-30 minutes to stop "thinking" and be useable. Every subsequent click responds very slowly and takes several minutes to process. Even just moving to another tab. And it's not just when I open it. When I switch away from it in Windows and try to return to it, it takes 15-30 minutes to access it again.

It's not running any sort of scan. I haven't installed anything else in at least a month. Anyone have any idea what might be going on and how I might solve this problem? Thanks.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

john7 Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Has Gotten Ridiculously Sluggish Since Latest Update - Please Help.

This is the new appalling bug a number of us have been suffering with. I did a totally clean uninstall reinstall and am having to get rid of it again. Moving on to XP firewall untill they get it sorted!

jjcampbell Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Has Gotten Ridiculously Sluggish Since Latest Update - Please Help.

My solution has to be to go purchase a competitor's product. There is no adequate help for this, and it is too risky to go bare. Too bad. For a long time, I have thought that ZA was the best. No longer.

dlamp Guest

I had the same problem and it took forever to uninstall ZA. Now I am reluctant to download ZA again. Is it safe yet?

insomniac Guest

Well, at least good to know I'm not the only one. Yes, this is pretty frustrating. I just renewed my subscription so I'd be disappointed to have to go to another product at this point.
    But if it doesn't get resolved soon, I suppose I have little choice.

rdostie Guest

Hi, This happen to me too. I identified ScanningProcess.exe as the problem. It was using 98 to 100 percent of the CPU. I try to end the process in task manager but got Access Deny But under Applications in Task Manager I was able to end the process. All of this took about 20 min.
    Then, I was
    able to opened ZoneAlarm from Start , Programs , ZoneAlarm , ZoneAlarm Security with no problems. Then I did Shift , Ctrl , and right clicked the ZoneAlarm icon in the tray and clicked Reset . Read the warning box! I had already lost my setting doing a re-install of ZoneAlarm, so this wasn t a problem for me. The system rebooted and now ScanningProcess.exe is using 0 to 2 percent of the CPU.

rdostie Guest

I'm now running a virus and spyware scan and the "ScanningProcess" is using 7 to 45 % of CPU and everything else is running good. My internet connection is good and it's running pretty
    fast considering I'm running a full scan.

ianhad Guest

In my case my whole machine has slowed down, I have had to do the the same uninstall, and install something else.

john7 Guest

It wass doing a reset that lead to my problems with this usless new version. There were some problems on originally installing and I was recomended to do a reset. It wenr down hill from there on inclulding two cleen uninstalls in safe mode!
    One big diffrence with XP firewall is the lapetop is much faster!

Thread Information