I am considering updating from ZA 6.5.737 Free to ZA Free 7.0.483 because of the issue with KB951748. I really don't want to because I like the simple streamlined 6.5 version (which doesn't come with turned-off features). However, if I do update, I have some questions:
1. Is it still recommended to to a complete uninstall of ZA 6.5.737 Free before installing the new version?
2. If so, what are the best/latest complete uninstall instructions? The last ones I have are here:
3. I also use AVG Free 7.5 -- I don't need to do anything with that when uninstalling and then installing the newer ZA Free, do I?
4. I use XP SP2 -- does ZA Free 7.0.483 have any issues with that?
5. Are there any other features that I can avoid when installing other than that ZoneAlarm SpyBlocker (which I wouldn't install).
6. Is the newest version of ZA Free still "big" because it includes all the features but just has them turned off?
Any help is appreciated -- thanks!
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)