Thread: Can't download update install files

lavee Guest

Default Can't download update install files

XP Pro SP2ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.408.000
    I'm having issues with downloading the update.
    When i click on update now from any link (whether it be within ZoneAlarm itself or from any of the webpages or forums) it always gives me the error:
    HTTP 403 ForbiddenThe website declined to show this webpageMost likely causes:This website requires you to log in.
    I've logged in via both the ZoneAlarm login as well as the forum login and every time, when i click on the Security Suite
    link, i can see in the upper right "log in".
    when i click on "log in" it takes me back to my account page where I'm already logged in.
    Or I log in and it doesn't take me back, so I go to the update page and i get the same error.

I click on the download now, and it briefly shows the download page, then immediately switches over to the above error.
    I've even shut off my firewall, etc and it still will not let me even get to download.
    any help would be appreciated.thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    Other ZoneAlarm Product

Message Edited by lavee on 11-29-2007 12:15 PM

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Can't download update install files

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

I am very sorry you are having problems with ZA and hopefully I will be able to find a solution for you.

PLEASE make sure you turn off your Mobile Code Control under Privacy. Then try to download the file. After you have download the file, make sure you go back and turn on the Mobile Code Control.

It is likely your Privacy settings causing the problem. The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise those sites for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved. Also clean your cache when completed

If the above solutions does not work for you, PLEASE try the following.

Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode.

2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.

3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.

4.Then empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Reboot into the normal mode.

How Do I Boot Into Safe Mode?

http://www.laplink.com/support/kb/article.asp?ID=102

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, THANKS.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

findley Guest

<blockquote><hr>lavee wrote:
    XP Pro SP2ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7.0.408.000
    I'm having issues with downloading the update.
    When i click on update now from any link (whether it be within ZoneAlarm itself or from any of the webpages or forums) it always gives me the error:
    HTTP 403 ForbiddenThe website declined to show this webpageMost likely causes:This website requires you to log in.
    I've logged in via both the ZoneAlarm login as well as the forum login and every time, when i click on the Security Suite
    link, i can see in the upper right &quot;log in&quot;.
    when i click on &quot;log in&quot; it takes me back to my account page where I'm already logged in.
    Or I log in and it doesn't take me back, so I go to the update page and i get the same error.

I click on the download now, and it briefly shows the download page, then immediately switches over to the above error.
    I've even shut off my firewall, etc and it still will not let me even get to download.
    any help would be appreciated.thanks

Operating System:
    Windows XP Pro
    Software Version:
    Product Name:
    Other ZoneAlarm Product

Message Edited by lavee on 11-29-2007 12:15 PM
    <hr></blockquote>lavee,
    The HTTP 403 error and inability to download are caused by your privacy settings being too high.
    Do this to download ZASS latest version:1 -go to Privacy tab2 go to main tab3 Turn off Cookies4 -Turn off Ad Blocking5 Turn off Mobile Code6 Download ZASS latest version to desktop7 Go back and reset cookies, adblocking and mobile code to ON
    Hope this helps you,Findley

findley Guest

Hi SlyFox,
    Sorry, Slyfox,
    I guess we were typing at the same time.
    Have a great dayBest regards,Findley

Hi Findley,NEVER, an apology is needed, as long as the member gets their issues with ZA solved and leaves here with a Very Happy feeling, so they know when they have any type of issues again, they know they will always get their questions answered and issues fixed.PLEASE keep up the Great Work on this Forum.Have a Great Day!SlyFox

lavee Guest

Thanks for the info Slyfox...I allowed mobile code and I'm now able to download the update file.
    Thanks again!lv

Hi Iavee,You are Very Welcome.Thank you very much for posting back and I am very happy your issue has been fixed.Have a Great Day!SlyFox

simassoc Guest

Slyfox,
    I have read several of your posts and am impressed with your knowledge and generosity.
    May I ask a question?
    I have experienced the HTTP403 Forbidden error. Clearly when I shut down ZAP the downloads work.
    the odd part is that up until a week ago, there was no need to do through thte elaborate procedures outlined. Microsoft of course blames it on ZAP - what has changed? Is tehre a safe way of setting up ZAP so that there is no need to go through the change procedure each time I want to download a file? This was the case a couple of weeks ago and I am not sure what changed.
    Tahnks ina dvance for your advice!

Thread Information